A good night out

The weather has been perfect this week and i've been out for an hour locally most nights. Willow, 2 years old, hasnt been lamped since last season but was going well then so i was pretty confident on the first night - WRONG! She ran like she'd never seen a lamp before, running over squatters, overshooting, stopping at cover and fences, lap of honour etc. I was gutted, we soldiered on until one rabbit, the dimmest in sussex, allowed her to catch it and then we went home. Ending, in her eyes anyway, on a good note. The next night was better but not much but the third night it was like she suddenly remembered everything! Three out of four in the first field and back home within the hour.

Last night i took Blackstaff and his bitch, Pearl, and we went a bit further a field. The weather was good and both dogs ran well, there werent as many rabbits as i expected but Willow picked up five out of seven and Pearl three out of four so we made the most of what was there. Finished early as i had to be up for work and the rain was coming in.

A really enjoyable night in good company, first of many this season i hope!

• Like 5

Nice one lads,had a few nights out myself last week.

Rabbit numbers weren't great but t'was a few bright nights and I wasn't the only hunter out looking for dinner!!!

Pup done well for his debut to so I was happy :)

Look forward to a few nights out with you lads this season and my DVDs back for the nights not worth going out for lol

Cheers lads.

Westy - that'd be good. Got your dvds here, had them ready to take to the midland too but you didnt make it. I'll drop in for a coffee one night this week and drop them off if your about? Give me a bell :thumbs: