Kelpie/lurcher

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I haven't got much experience but this is mine just entering this season and everything points to happiness so afr.    

these are pictures taken over a seven month period, I had some of him covering nets but cant find them, each to his own but I like my running dog, and if this season goes well I might invest in a bitc

tanxs mate

I haven't got much experience but this is mine just entering this season and everything points to happiness so afr.

555755_369301399806537_1281902922_n.jpg

nice dog what age is it and is it a first cross what sort of size will it make heard good things about them as a rabbit catching machine on the lamp has any body used them for fox working along side terriers pre-ban of course

Good all round little dogs,mine seems to turn his hand to anything lamping /ferret work/ rat/ even retreives,pigeons crows and such,very hard little dogs they give there all when working,mine is really in his first year for work currently around 18 month old, 22 tts last time I checked, and a real pleasure to own,he has a few very small possesion faults,but skycat, has helped me with advice on that and things are progressing very nicely, I am not going to say they are the best at what they do,as they are some very capable breeds out there,but worth a try

1D25B02B-9719-438D-AEC5-18797A72E2C2-1156-00000157901CA09E.jpg

04199567.jpg

ed9ebdd9.jpg

b26df41c.jpg

these are pictures taken over a seven month period, I had some of him covering nets but cant find them, each to his own but I like my running dog, and if this season goes well I might invest in a bitch or put him to stud,I have a few good dogs who are now retired and age is taking its toll on them, so I need to plan carefully thats why I got him,The bottom picture is the oldest him retreiveing shot crows, the top picture was taken 2 weeks ago

• Like 2

When I got mine I was told his dam was a lurcher bred from an austrailian cattle dog,the sire was a racing wippet,he is alot heavier built than I expected, thing is this does not seem to hinder him very quick off the mark,and agile in the turns, having said that it is a long time since I saw a good wippet run, so its hard for me to give a good working comparison,

Leveller how tall is you dog?????????????????