Sign in to follow this  
Guest little_lloyd

gates?

Guest little_lloyd

I need to build a new gate for a new realase pen pretty damm quick lol. Dont suppose anyone would have any designs?

LL, design?I am the worlds worst carpenter, but even I could make a release pen gate without a design. Surely all you have to do is measure the gap, make a frame to fit, brace it, wire it, two hinges and a catch, hang it, job done.

Edited by proper job

Guest ragumup

LL remember to make the gate wide enough to allow pheasant crates to go though with out having to turn them on their side as this only helps stress the poults :D

..........................but not too big so you dont have room around the rest of the pen for the "giblet" line . :clapper:

Guest gypo joe

And big enough for me to get out of easily with yer birds :ph34r: :laugh::laugh:

Guest little_lloyd
:pardon: Edited by little_lloyd

if you make a frame and gate make sure you put a bit of mesh at the top of the frame so the birds dont lfly up and sit on the frame they see it as a purch fly up then they fly back down on the other side and they are out of the pen so the mesh stops them and keeps them in the pen till your ready to let them out .

LL remember to make the gate wide enough to allow pheasant crates to go though with out having to turn them on their side as this only helps stress the poults :D

speaking from experince are you :laugh:

wise words