Bird pub London.... is it still going?

Years ago used to go up to London to a pub where all things to do with birds were sold or exchanged. I remember going on a Saturday evening to The Knave, then the Owl & Pussycat and finally to the Fountain all in Bethnal Green. Anyone else on here used to go? Is there still such a pub going? Would love to go and have a look again if it is still in existance. Probley long gone now like all good things. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

thair used to be a pub in london in the early1900 ..called bird cage .thats wher all the trappers and poachers used to go with thair birds in small london cages with a cloth over the cages and when the cloth wer taken off the finches used to sing like mad so have been told by an old relative

the original pub called the bird house it was on the corner of bethnal green road and club row its real name was the knave of clubs you could buy anything to do with dogs or birds in there loads of cages on the walls with all types of finch and mule and all for sale every sunday morning boys would come in with fresh caught goldies £5 each also lots of terrier boys would get in there when i first moved to london [many years ago] used to get in there quite alot the knave is now a gasto place and the area is one of the most exclusive around next door is shoreditch house full of tv and media actors and the such like i drop of there most days it then moved down the road further in to bethnal green but died out after that i think not the same as the old days some good crack in there with people being asked to draw a raffle ticket from a crisp box only to find when they put their hand in their was a mad ferret in there they also closed the market at club row because of its reputation for selling all types of animals pets and wild they reacon you could buy anything along there

• Like 4

Remember first time i went there when i must of been about 10 after the all british show couldnt believe it every type of bird you wanted all around the place all fresh from that day lol my dads mates use to go there all the time bloody hell that brings back some memorys bet they still do it some where thou lol