ferret waste

was thinking today about the amount of plastic carry bags i go through for the ferret waste and then chuck it in the bin .just wondering is there any other better ways of getting rid of it by being a little more enviromently friendly. we have already have been recycling in our household for the last two years or so but will like to be that little bit more green.

good hunting

rew

how simple never thought about that but wont the poo and the wee in the saw dust go through the bag .never heard of the dog waste bins with the break down agent will have a look.seems a good idea

good hunting

rew

Guest Ditch_Shitter
dog waste bins with the break down agent will have a look.seems a good idea

:hmm: If ye looking at being 'green', I'd consider just what that substance is that ye have to pay so much for and then dump on the dumpings. It leaches straight into the ground after all. Maybe it's " Bio Degradable " ? But then so, in time, is ferret shit.

Haven't ye got a compost heap? Alough again; Dog shit isn't reccomended for those because it tends to stay as ..... well; Shit! Last a long time too, so they say? Guess it depends on what ye feed that Dog?

Provided ye feeding ye ferrets their natural diet, I really can't see much harm in just cutting out the chemicals and doing the Irish thing; Dig a hole and sling it in.

lol was thinking of doing something similar by burying it but as i only have a small back garden and neighbours both sides to me i dont want them complain with the smell.if i had abig garden i would probabley consider doing that.compost bin same again probabley lead to flies and maggots and a very bad smell after a bit.was even thinking of burying it somewere else but dont thing the council will agree with that.lol

going of the subject i was thinking of buying or making something which could make electricity for the freezer,something like a miniture wind turbine.anyone know were i could get some info on wind turbines which i could have in the garden.cheers

good hunting

rew

Guest Ditch_Shitter

REW: If ye serious about the electricity, sod wind turbines. Check out Solar Panals. They don't come cheap, mind. Just looking at some of the shit they have to install indoors scares me to death. There's more to it than putting a panal on ye roof.

Back to that ferret shit; If it's just the shit ye concerned about? Dead easy! Screw ye loaf: What does one normally do with shit ....? ;) Oh, and to be Really green, ye'd want to take a bucket of 'Gray Water' to it too. No wasting a good flush. Utilise rain water. Bath water. Washing water.

What do ye use on their floor? Wood shavings? If so, there's a good, natural mulch for ye. Fed correctly, ferrets shit dry, firm, black twists. No great problem flicking those out of wood shavings.

As it happens, I've just now come back in from cutting some salvaged timbers, for my own winter warmth. I was also forking around some waste hay I've had out there a twelve month. Toss it. Let this warm, breezy weather dry it. No nourishment left in it, but it'll make great bedding for my 'stock none the less :)

See? Little thought and we can all be that bit 'Greener'. Why not check out Google for things like " Green Forum ". " Green Living ". " Going Green " ? I'm sure ye'll come up with a load of great ideas :good:

REW: If ye serious about the electricity, sod wind turbines. Check out Solar Panals. They don't come cheap, mind. Just looking at some of the shit they have to install indoors scares me to death. There's more to it than putting a panal on ye roof.

Back to that ferret shit; If it's just the shit ye concerned about? Dead easy! Screw ye loaf: What does one normally do with shit ....? ;) Oh, and to be Really green, ye'd want to take a bucket of 'Gray Water' to it too. No wasting a good flush. Utilise rain water. Bath water. Washing water.

What do ye use on their floor? Wood shavings? If so, there's a good, natural mulch for ye. Fed correctly, ferrets shit dry, firm, black twists. No great problem flicking those out of wood shavings.

As it happens, I've just now come back in from cutting some salvaged timbers, for my own winter warmth. I was also forking around some waste hay I've had out there a twelve month. Toss it. Let this warm, breezy weather dry it. No nourishment left in it, but it'll make great bedding for my 'stock none the less :)

See? Little thought and we can all be that bit 'Greener'. Why not check out Google for things like " Green Forum ". " Green Living ". " Going Green " ? I'm sure ye'll come up with a load of great ideas :good:

:laugh: Sorry to be facetious and interrupt what is possibly a fairly serious debate,...but,..Ditch,..did I ever tell you the story of how I emptied the entire contents of a ferret hutch down my outside toilet :laugh::laugh:

Our dear old pal,..TC ...went berserk and kept shouting,." It won't flush you c**t,...it won't flush,...I should fecking know,.I'm a Plumber,.Dockyard trained".... :laugh: Halcyon Days,.... :clapper::laugh:;)

All the best,..CHALKWARREN..... :drink::drink::drink:

[ Our dear old pal,..TC ...went berserk and kept shouting,." It won't flush you c**t,...it won't flush,...I should fecking know,.I'm a Plumber,.Dockyard trained".... :laugh: Halcyon Days,.... :clapper::laugh:;)

"quote chalkwarren"

i know a certain party who blocked the the drains from the man hole in the yard to the street by trying to flush severe hundred rabbit guts away :icon_redface: oh to be young and stupid again instead of going grey and senile :o:laugh::laugh:

I haven't got a garden or compost heap,just a back yard.

My ferrets do their business...(well most of it )in a metal tray.

I lift the back yard manhole cover every night and rinse it straight down the sewer .Only use a paint scraper and scrubbing brush.

Have you got a manhole cover nearby? or outside bog? would save using rubber gloves/plastic bags etc?

Good luck. :)

[ Our dear old pal,..TC ...went berserk and kept shouting,." It won't flush you c**t,...it won't flush,...I should fecking know,.I'm a Plumber,.Dockyard trained".... :laugh: Halcyon Days,.... :clapper::laugh:;)

"quote chalkwarren"

i know a certain party who blocked the the drains from the man hole in the yard to the street by trying to flush severe hundred rabbit guts away :icon_redface: oh to be young and stupid again instead of going grey and senile :o:laugh::laugh:

:clapper: Done that as well,.. :laugh: Blocked the local sewer system regularly,.. :blink:

Glad to hear I'm not the only silly daft fecker Woodga :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Even 'downloaded' a big sack of sheep tripe's that had gone off,...the divy neighbours panicked and instead of giving me a chance to do my stuff,..they called out Dyno-Rod,... :laugh:

I denied everything of course,..and said,....'That looks like rotten old nappies ,.nothing to do with me'.... :D

That old outside toilet has seen some things,...IT could tell some tales.... ;)

All the best to all fellow flushers,...cheers,.CHALKWARREN....... :drink:

Guest MOLLY
was thinking today about the amount of plastic carry bags i go through for the ferret waste and then chuck it in the bin .just wondering is there any other better ways of getting rid of it by being a little more enviromently friendly. we have already have been recycling in our household for the last two years or so but will like to be that little bit more green.

good hunting

rew

I recycle, recycled, recycled bags for the waste.

The bags i get when i buy the dogs frozen meat from the shop are the large bags the wholesale rabbit feed or bird food gets delivered to the shop in. I keep them and then use them for the ferret waste. So they have been used 3 times before being thrown out. Thats the best i have come up with so far.

MOLL.

Guest Ditch_Shitter

:laugh: As I remember it, Chalks, the thing that had Tony's voice growing ever more stridant about your outside loo's capabilities to swallow had more in common with Popeyes uncultivated land :whistle: (There. Let's leave them to figure out That little Evening News cryptic crossword clue! :laugh: )

Anyway, not to be out done on the youthful stupidity stakes; Public loo's. Opposite the Monkton ~ as then was ~ along Copnor road there. I was working in the dark. Paunching a few and flushing. But, after a few flushes I thought someone may wonder why I flushed and flushed and yet never came out.

So then I too did the stupid! F*ck knows what who ever found what I left there must have thought in the light of morning! Christ, what a thing to find! They'd have thought some poor c*** had come in to drop their guts ..... and literally had! :rofl:

Oh gawd f*ck me! I'm laughing so much typing this I have tears in my eyes and my guts hurt! :laugh::laugh::laugh: