Whippet VS Lurcher - As a pet ?

Folks ive always fancied a long dog so am starting to do some reasearch etc.

Our current situation is we have 2 terriers who are great and get on excellently and they are 4 &5 ! But looking to the future there is a strong chance we could lose both within 2 years of each other and we wouldt want to end up with one on his own ! So at some point in the next few years were going to want to introduce a youngster. I love lurchers and bigger whippets but dont know masses about either ! What ever we have will mainly be a pet but occasionally company when out shooting too and ite would always be a male and would be castraighted !

So can and anyone give any advice on either breed etc ?

ATB

Matt

i'm in pretty much the same situation, dog wise, but looking to do a bit more mooching and ferreting.

i've been looking at the bedlington crosses, both grey and whipp, 3/4 to the sighthound mix i'm thinking.

i'm in pretty much the same situation, dog wise, but looking to do a bit more mooching and ferreting.

i've been looking at the bedlington crosses, both grey and whipp, 3/4 to the sighthound mix i'm thinking.

Good cross for mooching ferreting couldn't goo wrong with beddy x whippet good wee dogs for bunnies .

Good cross for mooching ferreting couldn't goo wrong with beddy x whippet good wee dogs for bunnies .

i've been mulling it over for good 12 months now lol, determined to make the right choice.

got me pants pulled down buying my patt 4 yrs ago price wise, pure naivety on my part and rushed into it :icon_redface: , cracking little companion though she's turned out to be, wouldn't swap her for all the tea in china.

i've been mulling it over for good 12 months now lol, determined to make the right choice.

got me pants pulled down buying my patt 4 yrs ago price wise, pure naivety on my part and rushed into it :icon_redface: , cracking little companion though she's turned out to be, wouldn't swap her for all the tea in china.

If your after a beddy whippet there's some genuin lads out there that ask working mans prices for good well bred pups just keep your eye out and you'll find a well bred pup for good money .

Atb JD :thumbs:

Edited by J.DOG
  • Like 1