Ruger 10-22 or cz??

well rang my fac department yesterday and they said it shud

be out to me within a couple of weeks has its at the end of the

que, i was going to go ahead with a cz452 but have seen a nice custom Ruger 10-22

i just wanted to no what would your choice be over the twe rifles would be ??best for accuracy

and reliabiby over the comeing years? in a 22lr that is

Bolt action every time not got the moving parts of a semi auto. the semi may seem fun but how often are you going to rapid fire at rabbits etc? The cz will last you a life time, i have an old brno 22 and it shoots spot on every time. i could get somthing newer and flasher but why bother when my old brno does the job. go with cz bolt action and you will never regret it.

Don't be put off by these comments over 5 million 10/22's have been sold its one of the most produced rifles out there so they must be doing something right.

The CZ is an excellent rifle (i own one) but I own also a 10/22. You get the occasional stoppage (maybe one in 100) but this is due to the old case not ejecting quick enough simply due to lack of cleaning, there is an awful lot of wax on .22 rimmy bullets and I find you get build up on any rifle if not maintained properly. Don't believe me? Type in fully automatic 10/22 in you tube and watch those yanks rattle off two 25 clips in full auto mode then tell me they jam all the time. Mine is very accurate and silent as a whisper with a Parker hale moderator fitted.

The only criticism I have is the trigger is shite and it's something I will be getting sorted out when I get round to it.

Advantages I can shoot 3 bunnies in the time it takes a bolt action rifle to chamber a second round and take aim.

Good luck with whatever you chose

CZ. Cheap, does what it says on the tin. Just get a trigger kit for it though. They are cheap to buy, easy to fit and make the gun soooo much nicer to shoot. You can buy the kits on Ebay and see them being fitted on Youtube.

Don't be put off by these comments over 5 million 10/22's have been sold its one of the most produced rifles out there so they must be doing something right.

The CZ is an excellent rifle (i own one) but I own also a 10/22. You get the occasional stoppage (maybe one in 100) but this is due to the old case not ejecting quick enough simply due to lack of cleaning, there is an awful lot of wax on .22 rimmy bullets and I find you get build up on any rifle if not maintained properly. Don't believe me? Type in fully automatic 10/22 in you tube and watch those yanks rattle off two 25 clips in full auto mode then tell me they jam all the time. Mine is very accurate and silent as a whisper with a Parker hale moderator fitted.

The only criticism I have is the trigger is shite and it's something I will be getting sorted out when I get round to it.

Advantages I can shoot 3 bunnies in the time it takes a bolt action rifle to chamber a second round and take aim.

Good luck with whatever you chose

This is why i like this forum , you get a balanced feedback ,i like a cz the seeker likes a 10/22 ultimately you have to make your own mind up!!!!!!!!

Got a Ruger 10 22 it is an absolutely brilliant little rifle. It has had alot of rounds through it and has been in use for 20+ years. The only problem it suffered with was a round would stick in the magazine, but this had been caused by the moderator breaking up. It has had sub sonic and high velocity throught it and is accurate. Found it liked CCi more than any other make. Its like asking if you prefer an i phone or an android phone. Only you are the one who has to decide