I've been debating this for a while. Spent £450 on a top of the range kennel and run and regretted it a week later.

Brick built is the way to go I think.

Soggy wood at the bottom, chewed to feck etc.

All the best in your search.

Gaz

Bought my house and converted the garge into a kennel block, had all the wood free from building sites, all brand new timbers! only had to buy a 30m 6ft roll of 2x2" galv mesh about £130 and its done a tidy job! But a proper job is Rendered block or facing brick with galv gates and a proper drainage system. Last for years, easy to clean and maintain! Thats my next project!

My Dog runs are under cover, the shed is wood but it's built on a concrete plinth. It measures 16'x 18' with 2 x 6'x4' runs and 1 x 8'x6' run. They have indoor insulated raised beds.

post-2056-0-90831900-1343739787_thumb.jpg

post-2056-0-24341300-1343739864_thumb.jpg

Ive got an old designer kennel there made out of plastic so theres no rotting or chewing

I brought this kennel and run about 11 years ago and 2 of me mates have had it till i just got it back

Ive changed the layout on it this time and just done it as a run and with the kennel stuff left

makeing a sleeping box for inside

Mick..

U build it yourself mate?

Yes mate, the sheds made from 3x2 and 14mm tongue and groove. The roof is insulated steel sheet. The run sections are from doghealth.co.uk. The concrete was readymix (for livestock sheds) as it has a plastisiser in it. Total cost around £1500