registering a quad for agricultural use

does any one know the procedures for registering a quad as agricultural use......

i know you dont have to tax them.......how much does it cost or any information would be great...........

if i dont get back to this thread its because im in hospital for a few days..................

hopefully i will have some feed back, i tried google and got different things but dont know if there up to date with the law...................

many thanks :victory:

you still need a v5 and number plates on it,lights ,etc,better off buying one all ready to go.

i was reaading off the net that you dont need lights , indicators as long as you only use it during the day , is this true.......?

thanks for the input , but i really need to know the facts.............................. :thumbs:

well whippet.. you need to talk to the DVLA ...!

i thought this site would point me in the right direction ...........but i think your right...................

my quad is agri,its got number plates,and lights,no need mot and free tax disk also must be insured and your restricted to how many miles you use it and the distance from your boundary.i have fitted a front number plate and indicators so if im miles from home it looks like a real road legal set up so dont get a tug

Edited by Qbgrey
  • Like 1
Guest cookiemonsterandmerlin

As Qbgrey says must have plate lights etc then its needs to be taken SVA centre for VOSA to check and clear it meets the standards but just because a quad or tractor is registered for agri use still means you need insurance which isnt cheap as there such a high risk item.

I trailer mine ever where as its cheaper than insuring it for road use.

ATB Cookie

• Like 1

As Qbgrey says must have plate lights etc then its needs to be taken SVA centre for VOSA to check and clear it meets the standards but just because a quad or tractor is registered for agri use still means you need insurance which isnt cheap as there such a high risk item.

ATB Cookie

yup mate expensive insurance but if you only get third party,no theft then mines 175 a year

• Like 1

ATB Cookie

mine will drive straight into the back of me van...................which is handy , without putting the indicators on how much does it cost to register, etc