Saluki x Bull????

a saluki cross is not the dog for you.. trust me.. they are not part time dogs.. the need to be out doing something every day . and that thing needs to be hunting....after all you have 1000s of years of breeding in a dog to hunt

Even with only a quarter saluki in it? I take my dog out with my mates 2 dogs every day for a couple of hours and they dont stop running. Theyre always hunting just not catching a lot in daylight and the long grass and bushes etc but theyre always having a great time.

well i've got 1/4 saluki and a half and the 1/4 wants to hunt all day every day. and their no way seeing how see is would i advice anyone to get one just to lamp 2 nights ever month!

i'm not been funny but why only 2 nights a month ??

soon as i saw chart on here i new he'd have his say.. eh grumpy ahahaha

Nowt wrong with Chihuahua's, young'un !!

SV400027-3-1.jpg

Cheers.

• Like 1

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Never mind the Minshaws, Coursin'Bulls, Fen Dogs, et al !!!! Whippet/Yorkie/Chihuahua is THE way forward !! LMFAO!!   Cheers.

You certainly so sound retarded!!! Lol.   You wanna lamp a whippet x chihuahua x yorkie and now you want a beddy/bull/saluki/whippet to be unique.   Each to there own there fella.   To be hones

mine needs/want 4 hours aday, as stranded which they get.. some times their out from first light till dusk.. and yes theirs a big difference,, between the 3,, the saluki is the ultimate hunting dog!

Posted Images

f**k me i only came on here to ask a simple question, i didnt realise id broken some kind of secret lamping code by saying id let me PET try and catch a few rabbits. Maybe i didnt make this clear enough for everyone. As with my mates whippet and bull/grey, my dog is a PET! hes happy being at home with his family and hes happy hunting animals. I bought him as a pet! not the ultimate rabbit catcher, otherwise i would of bought a pure f****n whippet wouldnt i!!!

And obviously nobody can answer why you dont see saluki/bulls or saluki/beds. Considering youre all so f****n strict over what is and what isnt allowed when lamping you dont really know much do you! If id been as into it all for as long asd you lot id know every little thing there was to know about lurchers, including why you dont see certain types.

Seriously, are there any people on here that can answer my question without being completely baffled as to why anybody wouldnt want exactly what they want from their dog??

a saluki cross is not the dog for you.. trust me.. they are not part time dogs.. the need to be out doing something every day . and that thing needs to be hunting....after all you have 1000s of years of breeding in a dog to hunt

Even with only a quarter saluki in it? I take my dog out with my mates 2 dogs every day for a couple of hours and they dont stop running. Theyre always hunting just not catching a lot in daylight and the long grass and bushes etc but theyre always having a great time.

well i've got 1/4 saluki and a half and the 1/4 wants to hunt all day every day. and their no way seeing how see is would i advice anyone to get one just to lamp 2 nights ever month!

Nowt wrong with Chihuahua's, young'un !!

SV400027-3-1.jpg

Cheers.

ahaha thats and ozz fox terrier is it not?

• Like 1

Well why not? All three of our dogs would love to hunt all day every day but as long as they get their 2 hours off the leads to run, hunt or play as they please every day theyre completely f****d when they get home. theyre happy just relaxing indoors. Is theyre much difference in the hunting instincts of a saluki compared to a greyhound or whippet then? i wouldnt know?

f*****g brillaint................. :laugh:

• Like 1

f**k me i only came on here to ask a simple question, i didnt realise id broken some kind of secret lamping code by saying id let me PET try and catch a few rabbits. Maybe i didnt make this clear enough for everyone. As with my mates whippet and bull/grey, my dog is a PET! hes happy being at home with his family and hes happy hunting animals. I bought him as a pet! not the ultimate rabbit catcher, otherwise i would of bought a pure f****n whippet wouldnt i!!!

And obviously nobody can answer why you dont see saluki/bulls or saluki/beds. Considering youre all so f****n strict over what is and what isnt allowed when lamping you dont really know much do you! If id been as into it all for as long asd you lot id know every little thing there was to know about lurchers, including why you dont see certain types.

Seriously, are there any people on here that can answer my question without being completely baffled as to why anybody wouldnt want exactly what they want from their dog??

Well, I think you are on a wind-up; but to answer your question, (I think), you need Greyhound in Lurchers as a base breed simply for the speed. If you aint got speed, you won't catch much !! :thumbs:

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fiesty one you are :huh:

Well why not? All three of our dogs would love to hunt all day every day but as long as they get their 2 hours off the leads to run, hunt or play as they please every day theyre completely f****d when they get home. theyre happy just relaxing indoors. Is theyre much difference in the hunting instincts of a saluki compared to a greyhound or whippet then? i wouldnt know?

mine needs/want 4 hours aday, as stranded which they get.. some times their out from first light till dusk.. and yes theirs a big difference,, between the 3,, the saluki is the ultimate hunting dog!

• Like 2

Well, I think you are on a wind-up; but to answer your question, (I think), you need Greyhound in Lurchers as a base breed simply for the speed. If you aint got speed, you won't catch much !! :thumbs:

and i'l add to that. maybe the reason you don't see the cross your after is 1 people only breed/ buy what they know works.. so untill someone has a f*****g cracker of a dog,, things will stay the same..

2 they've never been any of the said crosses worth breeding from.. 3 whippets are fetching 350 a pup so why would someone stick it over some mut when they can make £££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££ from a pure :laugh: :laugh:

I aint on a wind up. lol. im obviously from a different planet to you lot tho. seriously tho, thanks for trying to answer my question. how much slower than a greyhound is saluki or a whippet then? wouldnt of thought there was too much in it?

I know none of you will ever believe it but my dog is very fast! hed obviously be no match for a greyhound in a straight line but believe me when i say hes quick! he loves being chased and over my local park he gets coursed by my mates 2 along with another ladys 3 rescued lurchers. all 5 of them chase him for about 10 minutes until they give up cos they CANNOT catch him! occasionally the whippet/grey/deerhound just catches his back side but very rarely does they ever get close enough to stup him cos he corners, brakes and twists better than anything ive ever seen. admittedly i havent seen many real working dogs in action but i cant imagine there being many dogs more agile than him!

oh right ok well i never knew that, still learning and grateful for anything new i do learn so thanks. maybe i shouldnt go down the saluki route then. what would you reccomend to add in the mix to improve the hardness of their feet?

I aint on a wind up. lol. im obviously from a different planet to you lot tho. seriously tho, thanks for trying to answer my question. how much slower than a greyhound is saluki or a whippet then? wouldnt of thought there was too much in it?

I know none of you will ever believe it but my dog is very fast! hed obviously be no match for a greyhound in a straight line but believe me when i say hes quick! he loves being chased and over my local park he gets coursed by my mates 2 along with another ladys 3 rescued lurchers. all 5 of them chase him for about 10 minutes until they give up cos they CANNOT catch him! occasionally the whippet/grey/deerhound just catches his back side but very rarely does they ever get close enough to stup him cos he corners, brakes and twists better than anything ive ever seen. admittedly i havent seen many real working dogs in action but i cant imagine there being many dogs more agile than him!

Oh the tears................ :rofl:

• Like 1

and i'l add to that. maybe the reason you don't see the cross your after is 1 people only breed/ buy what they know works.. so untill someone has a f*****g cracker of a dog,, things will stay the same..

2 they've never been any of the said crosses worth breeding from.. 3 whippets are fetching 350 a pup so why would someone stick it over some mut when they can make £££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££ from a pure :laugh: :laugh:

cos its not all about making £££££££££££££££'s is it. Im talking about lurchers, not pure bred whippets. And from everything ive read about lurchers i can see no reason why a saluki/bull x bed/whippet wouldnt make a cracker of a dog. if nothing else it would certainly look good no??

Oh the tears................ :rofl:

Is there something wrong with you?