well not long now crops getting cut

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd happily swap i for cold, snow, even just drizzle.   Don't know what you're meant to do whens its sunny, apart from get pished.   Can't take the dogs out, can't go ferreting, the fishing is eve

No diffence chasing each other when free running in summer so unless you keep dogs on lead whole summer I don't think your doing any more harm. Does that make sense??????

seen plenty bambi round hexham and slaley and lots of fields still long but some cuting has been done i dont stop do a little all year round but thats just me love to be out with the mutt catching the odd thing herre and their and as soon as thyt all cut me dogs fit and ready no lying round all sumer doing nowt

Guest born to run1083

It's ok saying, 'I'll be straight out once it's cut', but in this heat, and the ground hardening up, it's only going to end in tears.

For me ground is never an issue my bitch could run on concrete if required but the big issue which you've raised is the heat, I've been doing preseason training in it every night this week so far 2 days with one club 2 days with another. I can now see it from a dogs perspective been worked in hot conditions it's not nice

It's ok saying, 'I'll be straight out once it's cut', but in this heat, and the ground hardening up, it's only going to end in tears.

For me ground is never an issue my bitch could run on concrete if required but the big issue which you've raised is the heat, I've been doing preseason training in it every night this week so far 2 days with one club 2 days with another. I can now see it from a dogs perspective been worked in hot conditions it's not nice

It's still the best part of 30 degrees at night at the moment, a couple of runs, and they are blowing like a good un, any decent work and i'm sure the dog would drop. And whilst the ground might not be an immediate issue, too much running on hard ground will shorten any dogs running career, or at least increase the chance of injury.

It's still the best part of 30 degrees at night at the moment, a couple of runs, and they are blowing like a good un, any decent work and i'm sure the dog would drop. And whilst the ground might not be an immediate issue, too much running on hard ground will shorten any dogs running career, or at least increase the chance of injury.

That makes me sick.......... :censored: Cant even get that in the afternoon here!!!.. :laugh:

That makes me sick.......... :censored: Cant even get that in the afternoon here!!!.. :laugh:

I'd happily swap i for cold, snow, even just drizzle.

Don't know what you're meant to do whens its sunny, apart from get pished.

Can't take the dogs out, can't go ferreting, the fishing is even shit.

• Like 1

I'd happily swap i for cold, snow, even just drizzle.

Don't know what you're meant to do whens its sunny, apart from get pished.

Can't take the dogs out, can't go ferreting, the fishing is even shit.

Ok i'll swap for one month.......next year can we arrange this to start in May please......Thank you Lord... :D

Guest born to run1083

Yeah your right mate the heat is a very underrated eliment. I've always owned a strong type of dog if it's not to hot and I get a call out here and there in august she will be ran I suppose you got to know your own dog well enough which I think I do with mine with ne almost 24/7 I've even been taking her to work lol the odd night out of season ain't gonna hurt her not really in the long run the ground is hard only for a short proportion of the year not like they running on it all year round like us Human runners running on pavement. it's a weird one never been any real proof that it does cause damage just speculations and alot of guess work. Altho sky cat my tell me different lol

Guest born to run1083

No diffence chasing each other when free running in summer so unless you keep dogs on lead whole summer I don't think your doing any more harm. Does that make sense??????

• Like 1

Yeah your right mate the heat is a very underrated eliment. I've always owned a strong type of dog if it's not to hot and I get a call out here and there in august she will be ran I suppose you got to know your own dog well enough which I think I do with mine with ne almost 24/7 I've even been taking her to work lol the odd night out of season ain't gonna hurt her not really in the long run the ground is hard only for a short proportion of the year not like they running on it all year round like us Human runners running on pavement. it's a weird one never been any real proof that it does cause damage just speculations and alot of guess work. Altho sky cat my tell me different lol

Aye, i know what you are saying, but this heat at the moment is unreal, if i take finn out in the day, even the afernoon / early evening, and he gets three or four rapid runs, out of cover, he is fecked, alhough being black don't help. He will still keep running, but you can see he would blow up if you let him keep going.

R.E the hard ground, one way or another i think it can lead to problems. Look at the much shirter running life of dogs used on hard ground a lot, like you said, the odd bit here and there wont matter much, but still, it's easier to take a tumble i think and pick up an injury.

Also with regard to us human runners, we were trainers.

Makes sense, but i never seen my dog run when hes playing like he runs after game. . . . . not in a million years.

Guest born to run1083

Aye, i know what you are saying, but this heat at the moment is unreal, if i take finn out in the day, even the afernoon / early evening, and he gets three or four rapid runs, out of cover, he is fecked, alhough being black don't help. He will still keep running, but you can see he would blow up if you let him keep going.

R.E the hard ground, one way or another i think it can lead to problems. Look at the much shirter running life of dogs used on hard ground a lot, like you said, the odd bit here and there wont matter much, but still, it's easier to take a tumble i think and pick up an injury.

Aye I wouldnt work them in this heat , I've been swimming mine I've gone in once or twice and swam with her lol that lakes fecking freezer feck knows how that bloke swims in it all year round

Aye I wouldnt work them in this heat , I've been swimming mine I've gone in once or twice and swam with her lol that lakes fecking freezer feck knows how that bloke swims in it all year round

Swimming is the way forward mate :thumbs: Finns just a poof and won't entrtain taking his feet off the floor lol. :laugh: