Advantage of Variable Lamp?

Used my variable for the first time last night, quite impressed with it, can't think of any disadvantage of the variable yet but September onwards will tell, dim up to quarry then full light once on, also I left it switched on and just used the variable knob which was handy.

Used my variable for the first time last night, quite impressed with it, can't think of any disadvantage of the variable yet but September onwards will tell, dim up to quarry then full light once on, also I left it switched on and just used the variable knob which was handy.

Is that the striker or deben tracer mate?

i mostly go for the old saying you get what you pay for, so im going to buy the most expensive one of the too .might be daft but it normally works out in the longrun

You can get both for 70 notes and 100 for the variable. Hence why I asked for opinions on both.

I've gone for the Tracer 170 Variable.

Just been out to give my new lamp a try. Deben Tracer 170 variable.

What a lamp. Really really impressed.

I would never have a non-variable again. Comes in really handy and you can turn it down to almost like a normal torch which is enough to spot the bunnys and then turn up the power when you slip the dog.

Also handy for just taking the edge off if houses or roads are near by as it is super bright on full.

Cheers

Gaz