A few nice brownies for the kids-kids need to catch!

Took the lads down to a nice little river near us, that has plenty of wild browns in it, varying in size from fingerlings to 2-3lb fish. The river on this section has plenty of rubbish and garbage in it so you have to pick your spots, but on light fly tackle and upstream fishing the sport is great.

The kids haven't started on the fly yet, but we thought we would try a bit of worm drowning, as its good for the kids to get fish on the hook in my opinion.

After a short while they had caught a fish a piece.

A couple of lads who were fishing close by, said my lads would do well with a spinner and lent us one as all mine had be left at home.

Another trout on the bank, all 3 returned.

A good hours fishing, thanks to the lads who lent us the spinner, and had a bit of craic with, if they read this, both hunt with lurchers and minkhounds so there is a fair chance they do.

post-51049-0-42757200-1342362749_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Great pic's mate, it's good when you start getting your kid's into fishing, but they have got to catch, and your's have, tell the kid's well done, and them pic's are great, they will be in your fly box before you know it, good luck. :thumbs:

Good pics and I bet the kids enjoyed themselves. Tell them to keep at it :thumbs:

great up bringing for the kids. looks like they had a cracking day. couple a catches as well couldnt be better. :thumbs:

nice to see the kids havein fun

Thanks fellas