Hello All, I'm new to the forum. I live in mid wales and love shooting and fishing for the pot, I also fish for coarse fish (not for the pot) but because i love to be outdoors. I'm usually accompanied by my 67 year old Father who enjoys the banter of our farmers syndicate on Saturdays. They're a great bunch we used to be a foxing pack but that's been banned so now we shoot Webbits. ;)

I came across the forum whilst doing a search for local rough shooting in my area, it isn't that I can't get rough shooting because i live on a farm, it's more that I get fed up going alone and to the same places. So i wondered if there were any more people in my area who shot for the pot like myself?

The rabbits have gone for now from the land around here and are slowly coming back after a bad bout of mixey, so they're off limits for the next couple of seasons until their numbers have got higher again. Pigeons are fledging because we are later here with the climate, so they're off the list, so I've recently been hitting the crows and got bored of shooting them. So I wondered what others get up to?

Welcome to the forum, you've come to the right place to meet folks with the same interests as yourself, I shot clay pigeons a few times at Mid-Wales shooting ground, is it any where near you?, it was a lovely part of the country.

Not too far away Furittus, thanks for the pleasant welcome. I was up at the shooting ground the other day looking at the guns and came home with a Betinsolli (not everyone's cup of tea) but it'll suit my needs after shooting a baikal. When you tell people you live on a farm they think you're rich but we rent this place and I'm far from being rich, so unfortunately up until now a baikal was all I could afford But i had a bit of a windfall and now i'm loving the betinsolli "The crows aren't though" :thumbs:

Not too far away Furittus, thanks for the pleasant welcome. I was up at the shooting ground the other day looking at the guns and came home with a Betinsolli (not everyone's cup of tea) but it'll suit my needs after shooting a baikal. When you tell people you live on a farm they think you're rich but we rent this place and I'm far from being rich, so unfortunately up until now a baikal was all I could afford But i had a bit of a windfall and now i'm loving the betinsolli "The crows aren't though" :thumbs:

Its not the make of the gun that counts, but where you place the pattern, I hope you have many enjoyable and memorable days in the field with your Bettinsolli. :toast:

Thanks for the warm welcome Guys.

I thought they were your "Y" fronts on the radiator in your pic then shaba, trick of the light though :D

Quite right Furittus. I've been down the field trying different fox cartridges in her, I have to have the best to protect my chickens with. I read several reviews online and hunted high and low for some Game bore buffalo triple A's (Top in the review i read) and found some of them at the shooting ground too, chuffed to bits when i finally found some but after trying them out I now find that the lyvale express triple A's are better through my betinsolli. So that was a waste of £9 odd. I'm still not too sure about the lyvale though, the patterns right but not sure how reliable they are after firing a dud last night.

I shot clays on the Irish DTL team, in fact I know Arthur Williams the owner of Mid Wales Shooting Grounds quite well, ( gentleman )there is a big weekend there next as the DTL Home International and British Open is being held there, but I have not shot a clay in a few years now as the fields beckoned me, and yes the Polecat has gone to ground, LOL.

I can't hit things in the air, I had a go at a local DTL put on by our syndicate once and couldn't get into a rythm. I have no problem whatsoever hitting things running on the ground but when it comes to things in the air I simply miss. I normally come through the target from behind and pull after giving a lead but still can't hit the damned things.

I've shot now for 25 years and i think i must go cross eyed or something trying to follow in the air. I'd love some tuition but with a family I can never afford it.Clays and cartridges are so expensive and then there's a coach to pay for. I'll just stick to rabbitting i think.lol

You must be an excellent shot, if you shoot for the Irish team. I was 15 when i had a go at clays, I'm gonna have to save up and have a go at the shooting ground with a coach i think, can't have these pigeon here making a fool of me. :yes:

I