POSTING AIRGUNS

Anyone ever had a problem with posting an airgun .A friend of mine was refused by a couple of local post offices ( although the contents of the packaging was not disclosed ( according to him )on the grounds of size and weight,The gun was in a plastic moulded gun case and was covered over in packing tape.He was on about trying to post it via a courier ,as he has been paid for the gun .Has anyone on here got an alternative method or is a courier the only other way.IF so does anybody know the name of one or the likely costs to be incurred.If there is no other method he will have to contact the buyer and explain .Thanks for any help,as it will be passed onto him from me.

I use a local courier for next day delivery and they charged me £16.20 in January when I sold a BSA R10 to a chap up North in Hornsea. I believe that Post Offices should send such parcels but maybe they have changed their rules lately.

I was refused service when I went to send my rifle for dipping, it wasn't until I explained it was only parts and not the actual rifle that they accepted it, and mine was in a box so you couldn't tell what it was anyway.

Courier seems to be the way most people send it

ATB

Adam