pike fishing

i fish it quite often through winter deadbaiting ad them to around 15lb and jerkbaits do ok aswel.but theres sum monsters in there.ive known a 31lb bin out.its very peggy u ave to know best spots

Fancy pop at the Pike fishing on the Tees when I get back, complete novice boys so what kit do I need? Rod type, reel, lines hook sizes, general tackle etc.

Covert op’s not required, all the appropriate wheels have been greased but I do like anything that folds down compact but not cheap shit, smaller the better.

Thanks in advance :thumbs:

Fancy pop at the Pike fishing on the Tees when I get back, complete novice boys so what kit do I need? Rod type, reel, lines hook sizes, general tackle etc.

Covert op’s not required, all the appropriate wheels have been greased but I do like anything that folds down compact but not cheap shit, smaller the better.

Thanks in advance :thumbs:

What type of piking do you won’t to do? I prefer lure fishing this time of year for better results as the water is warmer and they tend to wont to take lures rather than dead baits, although this is different between waters I’d try doing a little of both I often on short sessions take a dead baiting rod and lure fish around it if nothing happens after say 30 min simply pick up and move a few hundred meters further down the bank this can prove very good in some cases.

Try so steer away from using carp rods for dead baiting they are ment for casting small baits out and bringing big fish in, they can’t in general cope with casting big baits out, so your cast might be sort because of the bend in the rod or it might even snap !! (You learn from experience lol) fox warrior dead bait is a fairly cheap but good rod.

Any good bait runner reel is a good idea.

I like to use braid for all my fishing I’d say 30lb power pro is a good start for dead baiting.

For lure fishing again it all depends on the size of lures you wont to use but to begin with try a medium sized spinning rod again with braid (power pro 15lb) and a wire trace is a must!!

If you’re new to piking try getting the Fox guide to pike fishing it covers all techniques.

Or if you’re ever over in Cumbria I do guided pike fishing I’d be more than happy to take you through it all from the start.

If you need any more help please ask.

• Like 1

Cheers Danny, I like the Lure idea definitely, currently using that method on Barracuda but not much success with Dorado, very choosey about what they want, I have a Penn 460 Slammer Live liner with me at present, also using the steel trace method for everything. I might take you up on that guided tour mate, quick learner, just don’t know the basics. I’ve dabbled with fly etc but like to remain mobile, not into sitting on my arse all day waiting......

Cheers Danny, I like the Lure idea definitely, currently using that method on Barracuda but not much success with Dorado, very choosey about what they want, I have a Penn 460 Slammer Live liner with me at present, also using the steel trace method for everything. I might take you up on that guided tour mate, quick learner, just don’t know the basics. I’ve dabbled with fly etc but like to remain mobile, not into sitting on my arse all day waiting......

No problem just let me know when you fancy having ago pike sound like the fresh water barracuda just on a smaller scale lol

Sound's good danny, this is my first summer that i've carried on pike fishing, i usually pack up in march, but this year i have got into lure fishing for them, so i have been chasing them with lure's, no deadbait's, been hard upto now but probably down to the rain we have been having, hoping for everywhere to settle and it should be ok, nothing decent yet but i am sticking with it, hoping for that big girl to try and pull me in. :laugh:

Stick with it Billy, I don’t know my arse from my elbow when it comes to fishing, you just have to get into “hunting” mode……& spend shit loads of cash on things you know FA about like the rest of us :whistling:

Not Pike but they are next on my list.

Cuda.jpg