A evening and night shooting with the NS200 and Malc Barnard

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi lads,   Well I went out yesterday evening and met up with Malc Barnard from Country Pursuits TV and his friend Alex Honeywell a young HFT shooter and future England hope from the south of the cou

As soon as i get a collar for my Sidewinder I'll get some filming done Daz buddy.   The collar i had with me was for my Panorama and was too tight for the Sidewinder.   I'd forgotten that the last

Sorry bud I am going as fast as I can =)

Yes Malc your right i should.

"But after many hours and many many cups of tea i finally managed to shoot a green fly out the air at 423 yards with my Chinese B2 rifle that i found in the local skip.

It needed 64 mil dots of hold from my 30 / 30 reticle scope and the AO set to 10 yards on my new non AO scope.

Examining the impact strikes though in the green flys body I noticed that the pellet must have still had 11 foot pounds of power remaining at 423 yards from its 8 foot pounds of muzzle energy".

Now where else have i watched rubbish like that before just lately??????

Wink wink.

Edited by zini

Nice one Si. I have a suggestion which typically is all theory without practice.

If you used a mag, say 6x, that displayed in your sight picture a rabbits head as a mildot either side width at zero range, that should give you a quick idea of range. If too small, get closer/aim off.

Of course in your scenario that wouldn't have helped with the necessary preparation.

I say this as I don't have AO on my scopes. If I did it could also speed things up.

Yes Malc your right i should.

"But after many hours and many many cups of tea i finally managed to shoot a green fly out the air at 423 yards with my Chinese B2 rifle that i found in the local skip.

It needed 64 mil dots of hold from my 30 / 30 reticle scope and the AO set to 10 yards on my new non AO scope.

Examining the impact strikes though in the green flys body I noticed that the pellet must have still had 11 foot pounds of power remaining at 423 yards from its 8 foot pounds of muzzle energy".

Now where else have i watched rubbish like that before just lately??????

Wink wink.

I have that dream too! How strange. My airgun addiction is worse than i thought....