X3 Silencer review..

The R10 I bought a while back had an x3 fitted, and I have to say its not as good as I would expect. I would happily use a HW silencer.... Just my thoughts!!!

Gaz

Really? thats strange as compared to my HW silencer the X3 is much quieter

Each to their own

ATB

Adam

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Meeeaw ,the claws are out lol

Hmmmmm.....   Strange people saying that as there's quite a difference between the Twink & X3 and the Twink registered 5dB quieter than the HW yet the X3 failed to register on the sound meter as

Just a thought, has any member got or can get a decible meter? If we can get one the weekend of the meet. Perhaps with all the different types that our members have, we could have a try to see which s

I've noticed that a lot of guns seem to like different silencers for some reason, a friend of mine got a HW100 and for some weird reason the Twink MKII didn't sound as quiet, as we would have liked it, but put it on his other rifle he was pleased as punch :yes:

I've heard the X3 on three different guns now and I'm impressed with what I've not heard from it. :laugh:

The R10 I bought a while back had an x3 fitted, and I have to say its not as good as I would expect. I would happily use a HW silencer.... Just my thoughts!!!

Gaz

Each to their own

ATB

Adam

Funnily enough Adam, my friend wound up using a bog standard AA silencer on his 100 :huh:

Go figure!

Gaz

Each to their own

ATB

Adam

I agree Adam . I had the x3 on a S 410 k , wasn't as good as the HW . To be a fair test they must be all tested on the same gun .

I just feel that for the profile and size, the HW silencer offers as much for hunting purposes, and to be honest a lot of my shots have been at 30=40 yards so the report of the HW is nothing... Just my thoughts on this. I have lep the x3 for look. But sure as nothing when I have the cash will change it out for a HW...

Gareth

Hmmmmm.....

Strange people saying that as there's quite a difference between the Twink & X3 and the Twink registered 5dB quieter than the HW yet the X3 failed to register on the sound meter as it was quieter than ambient noise.

The new "Marksman" silencer has the same capabilites as the X3 yet is 1 1/2" shorter.

If the weather decided to take a break I'll be doing a review of it against the HW, Twink & any other mods I can get my hands on

Darryl

• Like 1

Just a thought, has any member got or can get a decible meter? If we can get one the weekend of the meet. Perhaps with all the different types that our members have, we could have a try to see which sound moderator suited each of our guns. OK dont shoot me down, it was only a thought.

• Like 1

Ar, I don't think you can..as iv looked around..phoned sandwell and he said to ring scr..and he told me he doesn't touch the Harper stuff as there's no need.. I get a proper ringing noise just with the mk5 , so with full silencers its worse..let me know if you find any info mate ,atb

Ar, I don't think you can..as iv looked around..phoned sandwell and he said to ring scr..and he told me he doesn't touch the Harper stuff as there's no need.. I get a proper ringing noise just with the mk5 , so with full silencers its worse..let me know if you find any info mate ,atb

The only noticable noise comming from my rifle now is from the body so i can only think its the working mechanism and valve :hmm: the 'buisness end' i dont think can get any quieter.

All the theoben guys get titanium this and that fitted - but there dosnt seem to be anything for daystates

I had a daystate airstream silencer either MK4 or Mk5 i cant remember, didnt like it anyway and it marked my barrel shroud when taking it on / off

I havent had a full hunting trip with the daystate though after fitting the X3 so ill give it a whirl Vs the rabbits as ive got a new permission to shoot on sunday :thumbs: if i can shoot 1 rabbit and the one next to it dosnt scarper then im not going to bother getting it any quieter

.... allthough my shooting partner with his .17hmr and 22 might scare everything away :laugh:

ATB

Adam

All the theoben guys get titanium this and that fitted - but there dosnt seem to be anything for daystates

I think your getting confussed with valve stems . The `Theoben guys` get spring guides and slip discs fitted . PTFE discs and guides cover the hammer spring ends and and stop any metal to metal contact . That makes a hell of a difference . And as you say , it does seem that Daystates dont have the `bits `to play with .

Ye, only thing to my knowledge is a polish etc which can be done on most guns to improve consistency etc..but spoken to few people they say it does quieten it a little..also brought up on forum was a rubber tube of some sort that aids the twang noise..but apparently there fitted to all new guns from daystate..however mine still makes a noise. These airstream silencers make a pop like.noise..but from 30yrds I could only hear a whizzing noise. Ar have you taken your shroud off and shot it? Considering there's only one deflector baffle its a massive difference ..have a go lol I'm also trying to source some carbon tube woven style..but its either too big or too small..and to get it.made for you tends to be min order of 50+ tubes lol the theoben guys got it all handed to them ;) haha