Noticed that 2 days ago, now this morning another hen looks like she is starting the same, saw her rubbing her face on the perch..

post-57301-0-14099700-1339499252_thumb.jpg

I am presuming this to be mites and have applied frontline, was i right?

Check for red mite I had them before only thing that got rid of them was creosote i tryed powder arcamitex red mite powder there all waist of money since a used creasote , make sure its dryed for a gud time before putting birds bk since iv done this once a year iv never seen one since and have bread plenty I hope this help all best finding out [bANNED TEXT] it is

Pictures of birds never look right as i say try ivermectin or moxidectin I used front line many years ago for feather mite and it did not work for me.

Siskin are very prone to Ornithiosis it always starts with the eye only in server cases will the eye look pinched, treatment is best with doxycycline (soludox) treatment is for around 6 weeks without a beak and it's best to remove any grit as this affects the treatment

Try diatomaceous earth: you can sprinkle it on the nests, and rub it into their feathers, and on their legs. Won't hurt them at all and will kill mites

Edited by skycat