king charls spaniel

MY OLD MATE MAC HAD ONE AND IF WE DIDNT PULL IT OFF OF A CAT IT ATTACKED IT WOULD HAVE KILLED THE CAT. NOW YOU MAY BE THINKING THAT IM TALKING SHITE BUT I SWEAR ON MACS GRAVE . AFTER HE SAID MAYBE I SHOULD HAVE LET IT CARRY ON COZ I THINK THATS THE f****r THATS BEEN TAKING MY PIGEONS

I'm guessing your missus means a Cavalier King Charles rather than a King Charles Spaniel (KC - difficult to get hold of!). If you are not able to put her off getting one, i would make sure you get one from a good breeder, who health test their dogs. Yes you will pay a bit more, but CKC's can have a lot of health problems, and nasty ones at that :(.

Better to pay a wee bit more than loads more at the vets later on.

Best of luck - you never know, it could be a working monster when you get it! (although possibly not)

Ali

My sister has a ckc spaniel. Little horrible thing and if you booted it hard enough up the arse you'd have yourself a nice wee slipper.

Tell the missus to feck off! You pay the bills. My missus wanted a dogue de bordeux or a boxer...... And I got a lurcher.

She loves them to bits now and realises the mess that them breeds are in because of the kc and clubs/ breeders alike.

Get yourself a dog that you want and one that's not going to have health problems from the minute you hand over the cash :thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...

The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel is a toy breed and not a true Spanial. It was bred as a lap dog that looks like a spanial.

They've never been bred or expected to work cover and with eyes that bulge out of it's head and splayed feet I wouldn't want to see one anywhere near brambles/thorn hedging.

After that BBC documentory

a further study into Cavalier King Charles Spaniels found that 70 per cent of dogs over the age of six years old suffer from a severe neurological condition known as syringomyelia (means the brains too big for the skull and swells out the back and onto the spine).

Thats a 70% chance that your going to be spending thousands and thousands of pounds.....

Forget the fact that you can't work it, I wouldn't let my missus within a country mile of buying one of them... it would break the kids hearts watching their pet go through that.....

• Like 1

The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel is a toy breed and not a true Spanial. It was bred as a lap dog that looks like a spanial.

They've never been bred or expected to work cover and with eyes that bulge out of it's head and splayed feet I wouldn't want to see one anywhere near brambles/thorn hedging.

After that BBC documentory http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pm17MesMFRc a further study into Cavalier King Charles Spaniels found that 70 per cent of dogs over the age of six years old suffer from a severe neurological condition known as syringomyelia (means the brains too big for the skull and swells out the back and onto the spine).

Thats a 70% chance that your going to be spending thousands and thousands of pounds.....

Forget the fact that you can't work it, I wouldn't let my missus within a country mile of buying one of them... it would break the kids hearts watching their pet go through that.....

i remember watching a bit of that,it was sickening watching that dog writhing on the ground squealing in pain,i think it was pts not long after the program was made.

show your wife the bbc programme,may change her mind.

tell her crossbreeds are normally healthier ,

and get a spaniel x terrier or beagle :laugh: