was out with foxdropper saterday evening for a stalk. we went to the first bit of the permission all we seen there was 3 does. 1 doe we got about 25 yrds watching for 30 odd minutes the doe moved on so we carryed on the stalk didnt see anything els so we went to FD other permission arived there on a brough of a hill FD had a quick scan with the bins he spotted a buck about a mile away so we had a slow stalk towards it. i spoted a doe in the long grass sat down i thought i seen 2 really small ears moving obviously foxdropper didnt believe me as untill the doe jumped up and so did the kid have a quick dive the buck jumped up aswell with the doe of couse we didnt see the buck, we walk up to the does last spot to see the kid got a few photos of it then it decided to run off. the buck and doe started coming back towards up put the gun on sticks the 6 pointer buck got about 40yrds from us with the doe barking took a neck shot unfortunatly missed it :censored: . rather it missed than wounded had a brilliant evening Thanks Foxdropper.

DSC_0124-1.jpgDSC_0122.jpg

Edited by RabbitController
  • Like 1

Never mind about the buck mate - don't dwell on it. Like you say rather clean miss and there for another day. Great pic of the tiddler, lets hope he finds his feet fast as FD says that area is due to be cut soon, always seems such a waste to find them chopped up :cray: