Alone in the Wild.

The show you posted ideation, I watched awhile back, my opinion what a load of shite...all he does is cry, and cry and cry..hes got a shotgun, is living in a wildlife oasis, can't catch food barely and cannot catch fish, I could catch more food in my local beck and hedge than that soft twat... :laugh:

As milegajo said, I'd watch the original movie, that was made called alone in the wild, and avoid the annoying whiner in this one mentioned..

Is that the story of Dick Proenekke? Lasted 32 years. Went out when he was 51 came back when he was 83. A young chap tried to copy him, lasted 3 weeks I think?

I think this is about the recent remake that was on telly a while ago. Ive seen the original alone in the wilderness, that is one tough dude.

Guest cookiemonsterandmerlin

Hope he didnt go during the summer months as hunting during the summer months is just not cricket :laugh: so he would have to eat purley greens :icon_eek:

ATB Cookie

The show you posted ideation, I watched awhile back, my opinion what a load of shite...all he does is cry, and cry and cry..hes got a shotgun, is living in a wildlife oasis, can't catch food barely and cannot catch fish, I could catch more food in my local beck and hedge than that soft twat... :laugh:

As milegajo said, I'd watch the original movie, that was made called alone in the wild, and avoid the annoying whiner in this one mentioned..

I completely agree Ian, in the sense that, he gets on my tits, as all he does all of the time is moan about food, when he has a rifle and shotgun, and needs to accept that everything you see must be though of as food.

However, he has the unfortunate issue that he is trying to keep within the law and so doesnt shoot the moose or deer etc he sees, which would solve the food programme.

Just for the record, i was IN NO WAY, suggesting that this is something to follow, if planning to live in the wild, alone.

But -

what i found interesting about it, is the kind of psychological affects of being out there a lone, on a fairly normal person, something which most folk do not consider, and i think most members of THL would be more like him, than the original.

Guest cookiemonsterandmerlin

I think very few folk could have the mind displine and skill to mantain day to day life in hostile conditions just because somebody catches a few critters wears camo at the weekends it does not make them capable of survial in the wilds.

I have found from my instructor days with a service personnal that women adapt to the situ alot quicker than the average bloke.

ATB Cookie

What i like the most about it is, how exciting and great it is at first, and how much he under estimated the psychological impact. Maybe it's worth a watch for some of the folk on here who think it'd be great to live in the wilderness, just one long round of hunting and fishing yer? :laugh:

In sits like this ,the key thing is getting into a routine and keeping to it day after day ,its the psychological impact that will get you first .water and food is pretty easy in all but a few places in World.
  • Like 1

I have needs that require a womans touch... sure, one could get acquainted with other species, but not my thing.

Read about a guy out there who, trying to save weight when hunting was good chucked his shotty shells in a lake. Weather suddenly changed, no resupply and that mistake nigh on killed him. Think they dragged him out his tent just before he croaked from starvation. Requires complete reprogramming and mentality adjustment. Old Dick Proenekke was not only a rare breed but an old school boy from a different generation and era. That program sounds like proof.