Sea fishing perranporth any advise ?

Strangley enough i just found your post in a google search for the same information as I will be camping down there next week as well! (the weather is looking a bit iffy)

It seems a lot of the locals seem reluctant to encourage us grockles so information seems limited, I am taking beach gear for the bass, spinning and float gear and also the fly rod as well in case I can find a rock mark with deep water to catch on the fly.

I don't think there are mackerel off Perranporth beach though because they tend to stick to the deeper water rather than the Atlantic surf beaches so I will be mainly targetting bass from the beach in the evenings when all of the surfers are out of the way.

Anthony

Plenty of wrass pollack bass off rock marks Kev mullett in the harbour prob some mackrell down there by now mate just get yourself down the local fish mongers thay usually good for some local knolage but just remember Kev we need a rematch in pennarth see if you can beat me this time lol atb mate take care have a good time chris

Awright there,

To fish this area is challinging, the beach is very flat so I suggest going to the left hand side and fish from Droskin point. If you don,t mind hights then go further left and give Shag Rock a go by day. Give some thought to the baits really, live ell is the killer but something smelly like old Squid is always good

Well there are Mackerl off Shag rock but few and far between, And I have spent many a day and night on the rocks around ere. I'm hoping to have my first Bassen trip this week but the ground swell is not to good but the tide times are perfect for a night trip. It seems others take cameras with them, thought it was just me that did that!!!

Good luck.

I didn't say there wasn't any mackerel being caught off of shag rock, just not in any great number at the minute! you'd be better off down porthkerris or trefusis where they have been shoaling on the surface last week.

Been fishing shag rock and the rest of Cornwall for the last 15 years so i think i know what i'm on about. atb.

Edited by gabbitas31

well i had a great time in the end boiling hot went on the bootlegger out of newquay harbor 6miles out on a wreck nearly 100ft down within minutes had a conger of 16 lbs then a few dogs and not small ones then another conger of 15lbs followed by a few more doggys then the pollock started an exellent 4 hours fishing makes up for my blanks during last winter and there were to many to mention i did fish the left hand side of perranporth beach of the rocks but not even a bite but im home now and very happy with my fishing