• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Aye I've ruffled a few feathery ears with it

Well bred whippet cross brothers dog 10 months old          

Posted Images

There's a guy lives not far from me wind turbines boston heart of the fens waffled about this whippet bred from fen whippet stock said take any Quarry at start I thought he was insane I kept meeting him he saying these men from up north were down best of dogs he would meet them have a match always won went to his house seen hares hanging in his shed so I took up his offer of seeing this little machine go we spots one down good lay on gve it 50 yrds start this whippet into it looking pretty impressive for 40 seconds then came what I always suspected the gap opened hare drew further and further away dog never packed it but all the crap he been spouting he had the indeceny to try say to me she get that watch and see we couldn't even see hare. Lesson learnt whippets arnt for fens the plonker still walks it about so I'm sure a few on here might of met him

• 3 weeks later...

IVE SEEN A FEW WHIPPETS IN MY LIFE BUT ITS LIKE 1 IN 10 WHAT MAKE A GOOD GRADE DOG MY BEST FREIND HAD A 22 INCH BLACK AND WHITE WHIPPET OUT OF MB STUFF AND YA HAD TO SEE IT TO BELIVE IT HE WAS THE SIRE TO THE BLUE BARON ALSO HAD A WHIPPET WHAT WAS 22 INCH BRED OUT OF G OWEN AND MB STUFF AND HE COULD RUN THE BIG FIELDS BRILLIANTLY BUT NOT THE WIND ISNT THERE AFTER 2-3 MINUTES BRILLIANT HEARTED THINGS THO IF YA GET THE RIGHT 1 WE CALL THEM FREAK WHIPPETS LOL

I wouldn't think so either but very good fr throwing over a hedge ect will out poaching people also say that bedxwhippets are not great lamping dogs but I've had alote fun way mine and and if you've got a good one it may even get dug to on fox and other criters but she came from very tested parents thow I think that's the difference novel a fen dog but a garenteed bag filler atb

YE THROW OVER A HEDGE AND SIT WELL IN THE FOOTWELL SO YA CAN JUST GET THEM ON IT AND GET f****d OFF AFTER :laugh:

max one swallow never makes a summer but its like a lightweight knocking a middle weight over its an acheivment in its own ,runing a man on his own ground and doing not to bad or doing good , mate , luck on the day i would say but ive one things with luck on the day, many years ago a wee whippet cross called bluey gott o the semis of a coursing thing run by n l r c , they gave it along slip e against a saluk type as she had nabbed the other two hares on the run up d slieght owned her good bitch ,just the way it goes ,

Edited by BLACKWATER...

One swallow dont make a summer.

That's true but it does make for a lot of fall outs, mud slinging, dummies thrown and feet stamping. I wonder if the same would have happened if it lost :hmm: