2nd time out on new permission

Hi All

Just a few more pics and the end result from yesterday mornings visit to the new'ish estate garden. Never been very good at writing so bare with me.

Entering the wooded area to begin my stalk I could see 4 large coneys right at the bottom, a slow stalk and getting down behind an oak tree, bipod out could just make out the first targets head between a V shaped trunk around 35yds, a few shallow breathes and trigger pulled, number one in the bag. Laying amongst the trees in the woodland waiting for the bunnies to give themselves away, a huge old dog fox came wandering passed within 15yds of me, so 2 hunters out today, fired a couple towards him so as to scare him away which worked but walking through another part of the grounds he came charging past me chasing my quarry, cheeky sod! I thought that would be the end of my morning with him running riot but no, spotted number tucked up in the base of a massive oak, barely visible and around 25yds away, no time for prone - weight on back foot rifle stable, a few moments to get my breath and a bunny roll, out for the count number 2. Walking the path at the bottom of the grounds and number 3 came bouncing along about 15yds in front of me, knelt down no time here as its ready to bolt and it did just as I pulled the trigger unfortunately and hit it in the neck, quick despatch was in order and all was done within seconds (not nice but it happens). Number 4 was sunning itself on the lawn, spotted it around 50yds out, a slow stalk began and was knelt down at 30yds, it spotted me and bolted a quick squeak of the lips it stopped and sat bolt upright, number 4 in the bag.

Time for cigarette, hocked all the coneys, got some vine and hung them out of charlies reach. Time was getting on so a final stalk by the tennis court, there was number 5 munching away and around 40yds out, a rush of blood and fluffed the shot - time go and save the others for another day.

Second visit and I suspected there are some tree rats here, just how many I didn't know - there's loads of them so I'll be trying to target these on my next visit but with the trees getting more leaf cover as the days go by its going to be a challenge. Only time I could spot them was when they dropped acorn shells next to me! Could also hear Jays but couldn't see them.

A Nice morning to be out and I suspect the larger coneys were carrying young as my arm was falling of by the time I got back to my van, I'll find out when my mates missus prepares them, as I have nowhere to do it - she does it for me.

Photo17-05-2012113749.jpg

Photo17-05-2012114951.jpg

Photo17-05-2012114100.jpg

Photo17-05-2012113759.jpg

Photo17-05-2012113755.jpg

Photo17-05-2012125012.jpg

• Like 1

Cheers gents I love it there, glad the write up reads ok. if you check out my other post, strangely called - 1st time out on new perm :laugh: you'll see pics from the other corner of the estate and woodland area, its really a lovely place to be