rapid 7 service kits

hi lads i have just purchased a rapid 7 and am looking for service kits and tools to do it i think its called a collet or something like that can any of you advise on where to get a cheap kit with tools and how much would it cost

any info much appreciated

New rapids dont use the collet no more mate. They have delrin type valves now u wont go wrong with philds valves off the bay even theoben workers put them in there guns there made out of titanium and delrin body so no chance of bending and are guarnteed to e certain extent so if u scratch it fitting he will fix it. Oring service kits can bought for a couple of quid on there too off a seller called dleesmith both are quality sellers mate way out do the tr rob service kits ect at a fraction of the cost think the valves ar £30 the oringkits a couple ofquid had the valves in mine now for a couple of years never had no probs with it and never heard of one bending even at daft powers fac

Oring kits. http://www.theoben-rapid.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic/11164-rapid-springs/'>http://www.theoben-rapid.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic/11164-rapid-springs/

Valves http://www.theoben-rapid.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic/11164-rapid-springs/

The valve link is for a complete rebuild kit his must of finished for just the valve and stem sure if message him he will have them there £30 just read the feed back on them

Edited by dave goodall

thanks for the advise dave mate i was told off the lad i bought it off that it is a metal valve internal and that you needed tools to dissemble it , i will have to have a look ,i will also be ordering a new valve off the bay

thank you for your time mate

appreciated

Really mate all u will need to service after a new valve is oring kits if u message the lad on the link ive posted he will do them cheaper in bulk just tell him ive told u about him his name s dave also

Edited by dave goodall
  • Like 1

Really mate all u will need to service after a new valve is oring kits if u message the lad on the link ive posted he will do them cheaper in bulk just tell him ive told u about him his name s dave also

thanks a lot lads ive had a bit of a bad day i have stripped the gun and it has a plastic valve, just before i charged the gun and it has dumped all the air out of the buddy bottle when charging so i put it on the gun (with the remainder of air that was left)and it blew the oring on the bottle i repeated this and it done the same thing it made a loud popping sound when i done this have i broke the bloody thing could you advise what is up with it litterally as soon as i am putting the bottle on the gun it goes daft air spurting out then it pops and the buddy bottle o ring snaps could you please advise whats a matter is it easy to sort im no wizard with these and i have just got the dam thing :cray:

The stem is either bent mate did u fire the gun with no air in or uve got too much pre load on the hammer spring what power is it running are u putting grease on the oring befor u fit one its blown u need a new oring on the bottle too mate

Edited by dave goodall

The stem is either bent mate did u fire the gun with no air in or uve got too much pre load on the hammer spring what power is it running are u putting grease on the oring befor u fit one its blown u need a new oring on the bottle too mate

yes dave i dry fired a couple of times with no air, but the thing is im putting the buddy bottle on the diving bottle tightening the screw up filling it and when im releasing the screw the buddy bottle is going daft pissing air out too.. do you think the buddy bottle is broken too... what a nightmare dave honest im as sick as a parrot so im litterally unscrewing the buddy bottle as fast as i can off the diving bottle putting it on the gun and soon as it seals its popping and air is coming out ..i neally shit myself when it first happened lol im even pulling the bolt back because i heard this can stop this from happening but its not its just emptying the buddy bottle and snapping the buddy bottle seal

Is it the old ball bearing type ? Sounds like some crap is stuck in the valve try filling it fast as possible its not knackerd mate just needs clearing of what ever is stuck try a fast fill from empty fast a possible hoe fully ur dive tank hasnt got the restrictor flow on failing that all u can do is strip the bottle down be sure its empty though once u get thevalve off quite a hard job but can be done strip the valve and give a clean hopefully will solve it its far from knackerd tho matey

When i say fast fill i mean like from empty to 180 bar in seconds usally frees whatever stuck

Edited by dave goodall

hi dave im located in carlisle cumbria i have tried filling really but no joy i might just buy a new buddy bottle, do you think that its the stem in the gun thats causing the gun to go daft and blow the orings i really appreciate your time lads

hi dave im located in carlisle cumbria i have tried filling really but no joy i might just buy a new buddy bottle, do you think that its the stem in the gun thats causing the gun to go daft and blow the orings i really appreciate your time lads

If ts leaking out the buddy bottle ate after chargin its the bottle at fault u can but new valves fr the buddy bottle under theoben on bay