2 pregnant Jill's in together

I've got 2 pregnant Jill's both about to drop their kits. They are a mother and daughter pair and never left each other since the daughter was born. Do a keep them together or put them in separate cages until after? I was thinking if they were in together they might of shared the young but I got told they might try and eat each others ?

Lewis

I've got 2 pregnant Jill's both about to drop their kits. They are a mother and daughter pair and never left each other since the daughter was born. Do a keep them together or put them in separate cages until after? I was thinking if they were in together they might of shared the young but I got told they might try and eat each others ?

Lewis

For me communal mothering is a big no, common sense tells me I want to know which jill produced which kit incase of any defects so the jill can be removed from any breeding program

I have read that people mark kits from one litter with all sorts of things like tipex etc, to much fannying around for my liking, so I would simply seperate the jills & allow them to mother there kits as nature intended , just my personal opinion :thumbs:

read a book and you might learn something. You only look young so i will inform you on the best for your ferrets. You can leave them together but as you have already been told they may eat the kitts. To separate them would be best but would involve getting another cage. all the best and please read a book

I've read a couple of books which my cousin gave me because he has them aswel, I've have brought them to my girlfriends where they are both now separate and will just leave them to do their own thing now but if there's any problems they will be going in together

Thanks for the advice, Lewis

• 2 weeks later...