FAO: all trap collectors

was given this trap by a gardner from one of my customers, thing is the hall dates back to the jacobien(?) era. as you can see it has teeth on the jaws and knobs on the ends of the arms, it is made from cast iron but sadly the spring is missing, any info on a trap of this kind?

traps.jpg

also was this one, made from tin

traps003.jpg

any info would be great

FAO: old trap collector. is this the type you and i were talking about?

pwh047.jpg

pwh048.jpg

pwh049.jpg

traps001.jpg

was given this trap by a gardner from one of my customers, thing is the hall dates back to the jacobien(?) era. as you can see it has teeth on the jaws and knobs on the ends of the arms, it is made from cast iron but sadly the spring is missing, any info on a trap of this kind?

traps.jpg

also was this one, made from tin

traps003.jpg

any info would be great

FAO: old trap collector. is this the type you and i were talking about?

pwh047.jpg

pwh048.jpg

pwh049.jpg

traps001.jpg

it could be a lewis or a masons, just missed out on a masons on e bay, made 45 quid , was in a lot better nick than that one and had the trigger and spring, i have a lewis without the spring ,i have one of the tin ones too , but not sure of the maker, no doubt otc or shitty will know

it could be a lewis or a masons, just missed out on a masons on e bay, made 45 quid , was in a lot better nick than that one and had the trigger and spring, i have a lewis without the spring ,i have one of the tin ones too , but not sure of the maker, no doubt otc or shitty will know

Most of the cast iron scissor mole traps were made by Lewis and not either of two Lewis's credited with gin trapmaking either. Some were made by other folks (that Masons on eBay was just one of a few names I have seen on them).

The tin mole trap was patented by the maker J Roberts and some of them have J ROBERTS PATENT stamped on them on the widest part of the metal.

The gin is a Tinsley trap (200A) made for Eliza Tinsley by Sidebotham's in the 1940's. They are pretty common ones in the grand scheme of things.

Just wait out for my book (where have you heard that before ???) and all will be revealed. ;)

OTC