"Relum Tornado" Air Rifle Find

Hi there, I recently found an old air rifle which belonged to my late father. Following a little light cleaning I noticed some markings "Relum Tornado" and serial number etc. Are these kind rifles 177 or .22 and how do I tell. Are parts still available? The pellet loading mechanism is missing, but apart from that it loads and fires. Probably with a repalcement pellet loading mechanism and a little TLC, it would look as good as new. Any pointers as to where to get parts for this type of rifle?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Edited by Canonball
  • Like 1

Ahhh remember them well, big fancy stock on them, not as powerful as others of that era, airsporter, mecury and the best of all, the old Webley mark 3, lovely little gun, and what a hard hitter..excellent air rifle for out the car window for bunnies..parts, wouldnt have a clue

Hi there, I recently found an old air rifle which belonged to my late father. Following a little light cleaning I noticed some markings "Relum Tornado" and serial number etc. Are these kind rifles 177 or .22 and how do I tell. Are parts still available? The pellet loading mechanism is missing, but apart from that it loads and fires. Probably with a repalcement pellet loading mechanism and a little TLC, it would look as good as new. Any pointers as to where to get parts for this type of rifle?

Forgive me being abrupt but "ARE YOU TAKING THE PISS?"

The old RT is a tap loader :yes:

You say that the loading mech is missing; if thats the case how the ell do you know that it loads and fires?

You ask if it is a .177 or a .22?

I am assuming that because you say it loads and fire's you have some pellets and should be able to answer your own question :doh:

Again, sorry for being abrupt, I'm not trying to be offensive, but your post just doesn't ring true to me!

Tony

Thanks for the feedback so far. You would have realised, I have no past knowledge of air rifles, and that was the purpose of posting my questions to this site (to find out more about the RT) any further feedback gladly received.

canonball

Forgive me being abrupt but "ARE YOU TAKING THE PISS?"

The old RT is a tap loader :yes:

You say that the loading mech is missing; if thats the case how the ell do you know that it loads and fires?

You ask if it is a .177 or a .22?

I am assuming that because you say it loads and fire's you have some pellets and should be able to answer your own question :doh:

Again, sorry for being abrupt, I'm not trying to be offensive, but your post just doesn't ring true to me!

Tony

i think but could be wrong the zodiac was the tap loader the tornado was the break barrel version :thumbs:

Again Canonball my appologies for being abrupt last night.

Hope this helps a little

http://www.gunspares.co.uk/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=24484&cat=Tornado

The Tornado is virtually the same as (well it is the same as the Zodiac)

The Super Tornado

http://www.gunspares.co.uk/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=24481&cat=Super+Tornado

The people at Chambers are very knowlagable and give great customer service (although they aint the cheapest I must add!)

Mouse over the image and you get a magnified view :)

Tony

As for the calibre....

The internal diameter of the barrel will either be 5.5(ish)mm for the .22 version or it will be 4.5mm for .177.

My money is on .22 as I've never seen a .177 RT (even though I've seen quite a lot they may have produced a .177 version)

Tony