How much does wind actually effect the .17hmr

Hi

I find the wind isn't too much of a problem,unless it's blown a force 10 gale,like said it effects all bullets but up to a 100yds I still aim straight on and that seems to be good enough with the rimfires and still take head shots wind or not

Atb

• Like 1

i have to agree with Tegator on this wind can be very hard to read correctly, i know the theory very well but the estimation of wind speed is a fine art and very easy to get wrong.

the 17 is less affected but wind than the 22 solely because of speed at ranges you would shoot a 22 at but if you where able to strech the range out so that both where equal it would be a different story if you see what i mean, it is all about the duration of exposure.

• Like 1

i have to agree with Tegator on this wind can be very hard to read correctly, i know the theory very well but the estimation of wind speed is a fine art and very easy to get wrong.

the 17 is less affected but wind than the 22 solely because of speed at ranges you would shoot a 22 at but if you where able to strech the range out so that both where equal it would be a different story if you see what i mean, it is all about the duration of exposure.

Yes rich and you can see that with ballistic tables. It is only at the unrealistic ranges that the .22 starts to take the advantage but then the drop is horrendous.