Snaring squirrels

I have used 4 ply rabbit snares for squirrels, single strand stainless steel and bird wire. They all work but you must leave enough wire so that when the squirrel falls from the pole it cannot get purchase and climb back up or roll up the wire.

I have had 3 squirrels break out of the single strand wire but not out of any other kind.

H

The seven strand stainless steel bird wire I have yet to see chewed through, but you make a valid point about judging the length of the snare wire, it must be long enough not to be able to let the squizzer get back onto the pole.

Rolf that snare dident work for me due to the squrril were able to turn round and chew the wire

Were you using the stainless steel bird wire as described.........I have caught many many squirrels using it and never had one chew through it yet...?

I was using a bike break cable the spring or hang snares are better. Butt I was probably using rong wire