Hi guys i've decided to put in for my shotgun and fac licence,i rang west yorkshire police to get the forms they asked what experiance i had. I explained what guns i have used a shotgun,22lr and a 243 but it was about 4 years ago and her reply was she would not send me the forms out until i have had some more recent experiance is she right in doing this .

Cheers john

I think you can get the forms online,

http://www.westyorkshire.police.uk/contact-us/firearms-licensing/firearms-forms-and-contact-details

Joining a shooting club and going to a few club shoots will soon give you the current experience they are looking for, half the battle is justifying why you want them not the experience of you shooting the gun before.

ATB

Adam

Hi

What a load of shite mate, it's like the dvla saying you can't apply for a driving licence till you have had some experience,you have every right to apply for the sgc or fac,there is no section on the app forms asking about experience,if you have an interest in clay shooting or pigeon then assuming you sail through the vetting process then that's enough reason,as for the fac, if you have suitable land for the calibres you choose and vermin to controll then that is also good reason to own a rifle,clearly you have shot before and when you get your own guns that's when you gain more experience, The fac app is a different ball game to sgc and sometimes certain conditions are put in place on the certificates to keep newbe rifle shooters on a lease so to speak,for example a closed cert or a mentoring period for some callibres,each application is different just download the forms off the net and also complain about who ever told you this over the phone,they had no right to say that,

Atb 223

Edited by TWOTWOTHREE

Hi thanks for all your replys...

i didn't think it was right, but didnt want to argue the toss and jepordise getting a licence/certificate!

I think i will download the forms online (thanks for the link) and i was going to join a local rifle club anyway and was going to put target shooting on the application form, i know this is all i will be able to do, and they can put restrictions on the licence but once ive had more experience then i can apply for a reclassification, hopefully that cant be rejected for lack of experience.

Does anyone know of any good clay pigeon shoots in the huddersfield area?

Thanks

Hi thanks for all your replys...

i didn't think it was right, but didnt want to argue the toss and jepordise getting a licence/certificate!

I think i will download the forms online (thanks for the link) and i was going to join a local rifle club anyway and was going to put target shooting on the application form, i know this is all i will be able to do, and they can put restrictions on the licence but once ive had more experience then i can apply for a reclassification, hopefully that cant be rejected for lack of experience.

Does anyone know of any good clay pigeon shoots in the huddersfield area?

Thanks

you dont need to state a shooting ground to apply for a sgc the fact you might go is all thats required :thumbs: fac wise if you have the land and need the calibres for the quarry on that land again lack of experence is not grounds for refusal so just apply, far to many restrictions are being placed on new fac`s non of which are backed by law and are just someones idea`s in the licencing office, if you challange these restrictions via basc or such they will be retracted.

I thought the whole point of the forms was you fill them out, then all the information on the forms gets checked out, then if they think you are fit in the head and have reason to use you get the cert/license. It's not up to some woman in an office to say yay or nay.