foragers commision knife .

this one has been made for ron "forager " from here , iv made him wait to long for this like i have the rest of you that asked for stuff to be made . i hope he likes it . its perpose is utility and feild butchery , so i have made sure it cant go wrong with micarta i made from the cover for a snatch land rover that has been in action in iraq and afganistan ( i know they guy who improts buys and sells them ) so the handle will offer grip water resistance and pretty much any abuse you can think of but also good grip in wet or bloody hands . its hand forged 01 tool steel . with a flat grind and taper , with a made to measure handle . it has double , yeah double meteorite pattern!!! from spine to cutting edge . wicked heat treat and temper (im getting this just right now ) hard to hold and edge but not brital .

it has a kydex sheath for years of hastle free service in all weather . that will leave me in the pendant format but can be whipped to anything you like (i now only waer any knife in pendant format as its safer more comfortable and more descreat) . i wont have a belt held knife again !! so i hope ron will agree to that style .

ok over to the nice pics . i just need to do some finnishing to the sheath and we are ready to go !!

2012_0405rons0003.jpg

2012_0405rons0005.jpg

2012_0405rons0007.jpg

2012_0405rons0008.jpg

2012_0405rons0009.jpg

2012_0405rons0010.jpg

2012_0405rons0011.jpg

no not really its carbon steel so would rust if you leave it grotty and wet but no its good stuff , i have a carbon steel blade and im deliberatly not looking after it to see how it fairs , its done alot of stuff so far from cutting wood to helping break up a big red hind with out any rust or damage to it . the snow left little red dots on it but they wiped off the next day !!

the pattern on it wont be a problem at all its just a surface manipulation , and i imagine will only improve with use !!

im glad you like it guys and im more pleased you are happy ron .

it seems to have inspired a good few members as iv had alot of requests for others the same to be made !!

im gona set a damascus cutting edge in to my hand forge axe head today . il do some pics if anyone is intrested ?

all the best , matt.