1st day of a new season

so for the last 2 years haven't done that much fishing due to family reasons but decided to get a ticket this year.(only bass and Pollock fished last year in Anglesey what a place)

so new license new ticket unfortunately the rivers are closed and no trout dams anywhere near so course fish only, after looking at my ticket found a place call finckle st damn or swamp res about 4.5 miles away packed a bag and set of walking at 7.00am got there at goin up to 9 started to set up and realised id left my float tube, s**t managed to pick sum cattails/bulrush what ever you call them took the stem from the seeding head and managed to knock up some quick stick style floats perfect.

so here's the catch 2 bream skimmers less than a pound and 6 ide all between 2.5 and the biggest @ 4.2lb never caught a ide before great day and a good start to a new season.

also what's classed as a specimen ide? how big do they grow etc.

Good for you cadvice, i fished for mainly trout and grayling for over 15yrs, and then by accident got into course fishing aswell, i love it just as much, could'nt believe how much there was to learn, then went pike fishing with someone and opened a whole new world again, love it, all type's. :thumbs: