dog is mental on the reds but lets out something shocking

even if it doesnt have him he does it on rabbits aswell.its a strange type high pitched LOUD type growl.he has never bounced anything in his life. hes done it from his 1st rabbit and hes 5 now.its just so frustrating as he is brilliant at everything bar that, and get some stick over.any one ever have the same problem before?? :hmm:

I wouldn't worry about it: some dogs are just more vocal than others. I'd only see it as a problem if there is so much noise that the dog is disturbing game on the lamp. I had a Collie type lurcher who roared at reds just as he went in on the strike> I saw it as a psyching himself up: bit like soldiers are trained to run at the enemy bellowing their lungs out. Silent and deadly, or noisy and deadly, the dog is what he is: I'd just be happy that he's catching.

• Like 1

thanks for all the comments and advice.firstly his dad was bull stright cross and mum was 1/4collie both greyhound cross's.tryn get pic on now. it does affect other game in the fields sometimes and was told by people work with never to breed him.which was a real same to me as he is so strong every other way.but thanks again for the replys much appreciaded

My main dog Milo 4yr old stag/whip/staff is a demon on red dogs. He will sometimes roar at a fox before he nails it. Its like hes phsycing himself up to dive in. He actually yapped chasing one yesterday while chasing a bolted fox over a fence then around a tree 3-4 times.

• Like 1

My whippet growls at rabbits if she knows they are going to jump through the fence or hedge at the last second, its quite funny to watch as she just has to do it. But she does not do it if the rabbit is running up and down the hedge and she knows she going to get it, she can just know if its going to get away. haha.

• Like 1

cheers for all the comments all tooking on board. i love the dog it can be annoying when on the lamp you see everything in surrounding fields scatter its was more the abuse i got from boys i work with that they wouldnt waste the kennal space which i thought was hard cause he is so strong every other way.happy hunting

Guest FTBBTH

none of my lurches did this but my terrier did, it seemed like the more rabbits she flushed and the older she got the more she quietened, this might be the case for your dog with it having terrier in it i doont know tho atb!