How loud is your moderator?

When we meet up Chris (will reply to your pm you shortly)

I shall show you how to modify the mod so that it becomes very quiet indeed.

My S200 without the mod (in my appartment) just about takes your hearing out, fit the mod and it's soooo much quieter, (especially with the extra bits and pieces inside) and when there is a pellet fired, all you hear really is the 'tink' of the action and the crack of the skull as the lead goes through it.

Tony

• Like 1

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My moderator is loud as f**k,, his names Malt!! he is always banging on in ma lug,, moanin aboot somit!!!

Firstly, what were the parameters of your test? Distance from the muzzle? In front/behind/to the side? Which side? The iPhone mic is designed to pick up speech level sounds, and at the normal speech f

When we meet up Chris (will reply to your pm you shortly)   I shall show you how to modify the mod so that it becomes very quiet indeed. My S200 without the mod (in my appartment) just about takes

Sound volume decreases in an inverse relationship to the distance,

does this mean that it gets louder the farther away you are?... :whistling::tongue2: ('pologies - couldn't resist)

It is an inverse square relationship (due to the energy dissipation over a circular area)

Spherical area surely - which would make it cubic, no? :hmm: (I don't know the forumulae so I'm genuinely asking, not trying to be a smartass this time. :icon_redface: )

In any case - I'll take a measurement this weekend of the HW100 FAC .177 & the HW100K .22, but it'll be with a Nexus S so I'm not sure how much bearing you could put on it. I've no doubt mind that anyone taking the measurement with the same incarnartion of the iPhone should get equivalent results (assuming consistant test patterns, re: phone placement, of course) - in order for that Siri thing to work, the uniformity of the production would have to be spot on .

Taz, you're a young scamp.

You well know that it is an inverse relationship, meaning that as distance increases, sound pressure (hence loudness) decreases.

As for spherical versus circular, it's actually a linear relationship. The sound level decreases as 1/r, where r is the distance from the source. The energy is an inverse square relationship. The dB level is meaningless without a distance as well.

• Like 1

a guy at the range on Sunday had something similar, he placed the device on the left of the muzzle 6" away, the ambient noise was 56db, the noise from the HW100 without mod 86db, with an A & M X3 fitted was below ambient as it didnt even register under the 56db ambient :thumbs:

:yes: :yes: :yes:

Darryl

a guy at the range on Sunday had something similar, he placed the device on the left of the muzzle 6" away, the ambient noise was 56db, the noise from the HW100 without mod 86db, with an A & M X3 fitted was below ambient as it didnt even register under the 56db ambient :thumbs:

Darryl

Sounds good, or doesn't? Humm going to ponder that a little :-)

Darryl

Sounds good, or doesn't? Humm going to ponder that a little :-)

;)

Darryl

I think mine's the x3 :hmm: would that be what daystate would stick on the end of an 80ft lb'er? It certainly doesn't sound like the one in the vid but it don't half calm the blast down compared to when it's removed...

Hi guys ive just read the post on how loud mods are i always think the best way to test them is to get your mate to go down the field from 25 yards to 45 / 50 yards stand to the side of the rifles line of fire about 10 feet probably and get him to use two funnels one in each ear to magnify the sound and to listen out for the gun to be fired and if he cant hear anything then you have a bl--dy quiet Gun but if he can still hear the crack of the rifle then you need another silencer. but the best bit is youll have a bl--dy funny video for you tube and you can afford a new silencer out of the 250 quid youd win from youve been framed :D lol

joking aside guys good interesting post though

That's the similar sound u can hear with the hw mod on my mares r10, it makes a whistle noise , that's just the pellet, from around 30-35yrds

Pellets usually make a buzzing noise, well more of a fuzzzzz when they pass you. I can't hear my s200 from 10ish feet away from the muzzle.

Tony