new pup with the runs

I got my new pup last week the first few days she was fine We are feeding on feedwell puppy soaked in gravy along with minced chicken and puppy milk from asda one of the small cartons She was wormed 2 weeks ago we gave her a worning the morning she is bright eye a bouning around but her poo is very soft-runny is anythig you think we are doing wrong Grateful for advice Sammy

The chicken isn't too bad as their physiology is built to deal with meat, my guess is it is the gravy. If I was to drink a glass of gravy I dare say I'd be dashing for the loo as it is a very rich food source. Is the chicken raw, boiled or grilled etc?

Try her on boiled rice and chicken for a day or two and then slowly swap the rice for the kibble again so start with half chicken and half rice for two days. Then 1/2 chicken with just under half rice and a few biscuits of kibble. The day after a bit more kibble instead of rice and so on until she is built back up again.

Edited by hutch6

No worries. It could be that she is just a bit shaken having left littermates and the mum too but a day or two on gentle, easily digestable food should clear it up. Make sure she is drinking plenty to replace the fluids and if she isn't get straight to the vets as she will dehydrate rapidly being so small.

where did you get the gravey from did you make it from gravy granules ? In my experience it will be that that is make it skitter would leave it out and see how it goes i know it makes there dinner smell and taste better but seen it give even an adult dog the skitters !

If you are going to change any branded food over other than natural occuring foods such as named above, then to avoid any troublesome stomachs despite the age fo the dog it should be done gradually over a period of days and not just at once.

Day Current New

1 90% 10%

2 80% 20%

3 60% 40%

4 50% 50%

5 25% 75%

6 90% 10%

If you buy a small bag of the new to use, if the dog shows any adverse reaction to the food then you've not wasted a boot full of cash on the new stuff that the dog can't eat.