Nice digging week with the raccoon dogs.

thanks, glad to hear that people enjoy reeding this topic. this winter was easy, cause snow comes before hard minus degrees, so it covers soil and dont let it freeze so deep. last winter was harder, we had over 50cm icy ground under snow in some playces like river banks., its like concrete. now theres just 5-10cm icy ground. but if u dig trough snow 1m and then 2m ground, you gonna sweat :D

• Like 2

thanks to you gonetoearth.

today my friends catch 200th raccoon dogs after first of august in our hunting area, we have about 10 active hunters and same number of terriers, we have catch also several foxes and badgers during raccoon dog hunt. Its time to take a class of good single malt! :D it was awesome hunting season again.

4121610.jpg?289

My tool after work in last august

• Like 2

yeah, they play dead, like Erik said, but it have to be a rough dog that raccoon dog start to play dead. I've seen few dogs, that cant stop raccoon dog in huge bargers set, it start run every time when dog start barking. Dog with experience dont let raccoon dog bite, my patt take some scars when it was young and stupid, few time with foxes and badgers and he dont bite raccoon dogs arse anymore :D now he waits and take hold straight on the face or neck so raccoon dog cant bite against. If dog keep holding, raccoon dog starts playing dead when it understand that it have lost this game :) Raccoon dogs live is hard to take, many hunters have noticed that. I shoot raccoon dog every time, even it looks badly wounded and totally dead. Its not rare that have to kill it twice :D

• Like 2