All gunmen round my way are cocks , dont let honest lads near land and then you got the wannabe snipers smashing everything in sight all year round , i have to hunt the shittest ground youve ever seen when there is prime ground within walking distance , maybe im just envious but doesnt seem fair imo

maybe if you didn't call them all cocks and go through all the correct channels, and get to know them and the land owners you may get permission on prime ground Ive been on my permission 30yrs they need to get to know you and build up a mutual trust it doesn't happen over night

it doesnt happen over night.your right there.took me 3 years to get invited out with my terriers when i moved to france.now have all the land i could ever dig on,

Legal to dispatch fox to a gun for the protection of game birds but not the same for say protection of lambs as this could be just as damaging to a farmers pocket. Sorry if I have misread the rules or not understood was just wondering as I live opposite a large sheep farm. Atb Rob

imo ,shooters , guns , cocks , snoby c**ts or whatever folk want to call them and the organisation they subscribe into saved terrierwork by needing it for the protection of game birds . i,m sure the nwtf could answer your question

Edited by goat breath

Legal to dispatch fox to a gun for the protection of game birds but not the same for say protection of lambs as this could be just as damaging to a farmers pocket. Sorry if I have misread the rules or not understood was just wondering as I live opposite a large sheep farm. Atb Rob

imo ,shooters , guns , cocks , snoby c**ts or whatever folk want to call them and the organisation they subscribe into saved terrierwork by needing it for the protection of game birds . i,m sure the nwtf could answer your question

I don't see what the national wild turkey federation has got to do with it,lol

Only joking that's a good read and a good set of rules to abide by cheers.

f**k shooters mate that aint hunting guns are for failed dog men

what a dick you are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and you wonder why no one will let you on there land!!!!!

Edited by shotgun tim

Nearly all our permission is on shooting ground some large some small, its taken us years to build up relationships with keepers and landowners that’s just how it is you have to earn their trust, a days free beating goes along way. As for all shooters being a—e holes and toffs you couldn’t me more wrong obviously there’s the high end but going by the land we hunt most of the shooting lads are working class guys just following their sport. Yeah Fox numbers have suffered with the rifle boys playing the numbers game but we’ve got the ban and working class Labour to thank for that one.

All gunmen round my way are cocks , dont let honest lads near land and then you got the wannabe snipers smashing everything in sight all year round , i have to hunt the shittest ground youve ever seen when there is prime ground within walking distance , maybe im just envious but doesnt seem fair imo

maybe if you didn't call them all cocks and go through all the correct channels, and get to know them and the land owners you may get permission on prime ground Ive been on my permission 30yrs they need to get to know you and build up a mutual trust it doesn't happen over night

i know what your sayin mate but as soon as you mention dogs that aint gundogs they send you on your way , ive approached many land owners in a polite and respectfull manner to be told to f**k off , i know it takes a while to build up trust and stuff but as soon as they see a young man with a terrier and lurcher in toe its dont come on my land or ill shoot the dogs

When asking for permission in certain areas its hard, as said you need to build trust i have always found it best to not take the dogs with me when asking for permission you need to go and ask them on your own and dress well this all ads up as some fellas will just make judgement on you by how you look. Also with some farms i havnt gone straight in asking for the permission to work my dogs, I have usually just asked about doing a bit of snaring or shooting first of all ,then show my face a few times get a few bunnies then maybe just ask the farmer i he is ok with you to go on with the dogs they are usually fine after you have been on a few time already.

You need to get to know the people in your area and make an effort beating is a great way to get talking to folk and keepers and can help seal you some good permission. You need to put yourself in the landowners shoes, someone you have never seen before turning up asking to go on your land with lurchers and terriers in the current climate isnt an easy one as he most likely doesnt want anything going wrong on his land and doesnt know wether he can trust you not to mess about.

NEARLY 90% of my permissoin is on shoot land and get on great with all the guns and keepers, even get the odd free shoot and all the pigen shooting if i want it. i do give them a few days beating [ for free ] it called working together, its amazing where manners and diplomacy gets you.

a bit of beating can go a long way :thumbs:

like most things in life you get as much out as you put effort in, you carnt expect to pitch up at someones door and they just invite you in and give you anything you want, only the inland revenue does that. as has been said you need to get to know the people.beating is a very good way of doing this.