Time ferret to stop ( till next season )

Looks like its time to leave the bunnys in peace now, bolted a few from a warren mid January but soldiered on and got another few weeks without any young ones untill the other day,

I took along my laddies pal for his first taste of ferreting, he seems slightly fascinated by hunting, more so than my own lad so its good to see a young lad with an interest, I,ve had the lad out for a shine a couple of times but not much about to be honest,

anyway Roxy managed to catch the only adult which came out the banking like a excorcet and she nailed it before it hit the ground, great for the lad to see :toast:

after this was just general fecking aboot, too many young so thats it untill next season

some pics, no end of day as I had to leave in a hurry, atb lads and lasses :thumbs:

fertingfenceeyes003.jpg

fertingfenceeyes001.jpg

fertingfenceeyes007.jpg

fertingfenceeyes009.jpg

fertingfenceeyes011.jpg

fertingfenceeyes014.jpg

• Like 4

'mattydski' timestamp='1330298760' post='2511509']

'The one' timestamp='1330297993' post='2511488']

Its unbelievable mate young rabbits in Scotland in January and February normally its that bloody cold we can ferret till the end of April

Same here. Gonna have to pack in soon... :hmm:

Thought you where a die hard and would have kept going ?

aye lads this winters been very mild, I,ve only had to scrape the ice off the car 3 or 4 times which is nowt compared to previous, I think its maybe been colder down south than it has here lol :thumbs:

Thats a fact, I split my time between here and lincs/cambs.. and its been colder there for sure...

'mattydski' timestamp='1330299418' post='2511525']

we'll Just switch to lamping with the rimmie and dogs. Ferrets will get a breather, Still got a lot to take of Geron's at Blairgowrie yet..

I've still got a bit up at Blairgowrie to do last time i did it there was a wasps bike in the first burrow and after they all piled out we where a bit careful round the rest of the burrows :laugh:

• Like 1