bedlington greyhound pup

my son just brought a bedlington greyhound pup ,8 weeks old now in the kitchen until its jab up,but iv seen it eat its own shit ,whats that all about,wormed and regular fed ,anyone any ideas

Best to clean the dog shit up straight away :thumbs:

• Like 2

my son just brought a bedlington greyhound pup ,8 weeks old now in the kitchen until its jab up,but iv seen it eat its own shit ,whats that all about,wormed and regular fed ,anyone any ideas

so l sit and watch it 24/7 theres always one

My last pup did it when i got it, changed its food and it was ok. Does not do it now.

Put the pup in a dog cage after its finished playing, don't tell me your not letting out to empty its self on the back garden .

Edited by sowhat

Shouldn't be shitting all the time. How often is it being fed and does it have access to food at other times?

I think the answer is routine - chuck it out first thing when you get up and when the pup wakes do the same.

Clear up any shit and piss as soon as possible, using good cleaning solutions, removing any scent of the fouling which should help discourage repeating.

Don't scold the pup, but grumble like you aren't very happy about it (probably do that anyway lol!) and it will get the message.

Pups eat shit as a matter of course - part curiousity, part boredom. Its just a thing they do until they learn better and it won't really do it any harm.

all the best and try not to get too concerned.

all the best

Duncan.

Shouldn't be shitting all the time. How often is it being fed and does it have access to food at other times?

I think the answer is routine - chuck it out first thing when you get up and when the pup wakes do the same.

Clear up any shit and piss as soon as possible, using good cleaning solutions, removing any scent of the fouling which should help discourage repeating.

Don't scold the pup, but grumble like you aren't very happy about it (probably do that anyway lol!) and it will get the message.

Pups eat shit as a matter of course - part curiousity, part boredom. Its just a thing they do until they learn better and it won't really do it any harm.

all the best and try not to get too concerned.

all the best

Duncan.

Sorry but I don't agree with this bit, once a pup gets into this habit, it's a hard one to break.

I agree with everything else though :thumbs:

Edited by sowhat