highgate dogtrack show

• 3 weeks later...

A lurcher terrier dog show is confirmed for 18th march 2012 gates open from 9am for public , racing bookings taken from 9-10.30am all distances over 100m , 250m, 414m, 580, and also 1000m marathon all breeds welcome - show will follow racing aprox 12.30. NEW this year is ferret racing £1 per entry with prize moneys. ferret racing will take place approx 11am in paddock area. Ringside parking will also be available for the show after racing has concluded.

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE GREAT DAY

Also Lucher Link are hosting another show day event on 8th april 2012 all proceeds goto lurcher link charity> FULL RACING AND DETAILS OF SHOW CAN BE FOUND ON THE LURCHER LINK WEBSITE

Edited by hgs

great turn out yesterday and we do apologise for the delays as some will know we had flooding problems over on the back straight and was pumping water off till about 11.30 delaying racing and causing machanical problems. we send our sincere apologies and hope we didn't cause too much frustration. Any sugestions on what you would hope to see at another show would be much appretiated.

Edited by hgs

load a crap that show today, and they did`nt start judging till about 3oclock

3 o clock :icon_eek: , ide been there since 10 cos my pal wanted to run his dog and it said they had to be booked in before half 10 but you could book em in well after that, when the hare broke down and then they started the ferret racing and no judging looked like it was going to start it was time for me to do one, very good turn out thou and good to meet up with afew old faces but i didnt rate it at all,

we travelled 90 miles , we could have set off at 1 00 . ringside parking was advetised we could`nt get no where near on the outside. loner off here travelled with us , he nor us will be going again for sure.

yeah i wont be back ,it was a very long day . but the racing was good to watch and got talking to some sound dog men