Split webbing

Hi my dog had split his webbing between his toes so i kenneled him for 2 weeks and it look to have healed so i started to road work him and tonight took him out while i was taking my other dog lamping and he was on the lead all night and has manged to split it again. Just wondering if anybody has had this problem and know a cure for it

Thanks jon.

Edited by Buzz1

Split webs can take weeks and weeks to heal. I wouldn't run the dog until it has completely healed: the rim of gristly stuff at the edge of the web takes the longest to heal: once its cut through it is very slow in healing.

If you're desperate to run the dog anyway, you can tape the two toes together to prevent it getting any worse, but that does tend to allow muck and dirt to impact the wound and make things worse. Greyhound racers do it, but that's very different to running cross country in mud etc.

Hi my dog had split his webbing between his toes so i kenneled him for 2 weeks and it look to have healed so i started to road work him and tonight took him out while i was taking my other dog lamping and he was on the lead all night and has manged to split it again. Just wondering if anybody has had this problem and know a cure for it

Thanks jon.

happened to me once bud eventually had to get the web removed cause it wouldnt heal its an aqward place :thumbs: