What would you do?

I had a fella, pay $200 (american I don't know what the conversion is) for a lurcher pup that was born back in January, come march we had a window to ship the dog where weather was good, and the airlines would take the pup, I bring the pup to the vet pay $35.00 for health certificate, get the pup ready to ship, I'm sending the pup in a crate I have laying around so I wasn't charging anything for it. Only to find out that they will not ship C.O.D on weekends... so there is a scramble at 11:00 at night to try and get the pup on a Sunday flight, I call the fella up and tell him, he needs to prepay for the flight....... turns out there is no room in cargo on Sunday , nor Monday so it's booked for Wednesday. On Monday I get a call of him wanting to know where the pup is??? I tell him it's right here... he's going on Wednesday....I call the airline to confirm and it was for Wednesday. Wednesday is not good for him, how about thursday.... Honestly only the weekends are good for me but I was willing, as the pup was going to leave early, and I would still be able to get to work just an hour late..... Well my car broke down, so the shipping needed to be delayed until I got my car back. Now he wants him money back........ so off I send 150.00 back to him, Yes I kept 50.00 for the vet expense, and the trouble this has all been, and the fact that I turned down another home, this was a month ago and this man is still calling me from 7am to 11pm......would you suck it up and send him the last $50.00?

Guest Lurcherbitch

I Too would tell him to go away in small jerky movments. You have done all you can to try get the puppy to him, also gone to expence and past up a home. xxx

Stick to your guns, whats he going to do fly over and get it...if so he can pick up the pup :laugh:

in that case ,after careful consideration,id definatly give him feck all,except a load of abuse :laugh::laugh:

and finally, jacob sees the light. :D there are far too many wankers in this game. once you've proven yourself a cu##, don't be surprised if someone fu##s you.

what light?,and are you speaking from experience,you sound a tad bitter :hmm:

LOL Jacob, I think things are getting lost in translation.... different sides of the pond ya know, no worries... I understand that maybe it's not worth the bother to deal with him, but the things that were done were done because he spoke up for the dog, when he could not get the dog ASAP, he wanted his money back... I felt it was fair to take off for my expenses incurred, I don't think I should be out any extra cost, I have about 20.00 in phone bill calls just to him, plus the vetting was an extra service, above ordinary cost, you can't ship with out the health certificate, He wasn't charged for a crate because I was generously going to provide a used one, but had a bought one special for him I may have, or I would have just shipped the crate to him via postal service minus shipping...LOL, I think he found a lurcher closer to him and wanted his monies for that lurcher.... stupid me even gave him the number to that fella.

Guest Lurcherbitch
LOL Jacob, I think things are getting lost in translation.... different sides of the pond ya know, no worries... I understand that maybe it's not worth the bother to deal with him, but the things that were done were done because he spoke up for the dog, when he could not get the dog ASAP, he wanted his money back... I felt it was fair to take off for my expenses incurred, I don't think I should be out any extra cost, I have about 20.00 in phone bill calls just to him, plus the vetting was an extra service, above ordinary cost, you can't ship with out the health certificate, He wasn't charged for a crate because I was generously going to provide a used one, but had a bought one special for him I may have, or I would have just shipped the crate to him via postal service minus shipping...LOL, I think he found a lurcher closer to him and wanted his monies for that lurcher.... stupid me even gave him the number to that fella.

Too right. people dont realise how much money is involved, food,phone petrol,vets,suplements.treats. I'm a rescue so i know how these little things add up.

You gave him too much back IMHO.xx

in that case ,after careful consideration,id definatly give him feck all,except a load of abuse :laugh::laugh:

and finally, jacob sees the light. :D there are far too many wankers in this game. once you've proven yourself a cu##, don't be surprised if someone fu##s you.

what light?,and are you speaking from experience,you sound a tad bitter :hmm:

not sure where you're heading jacob, but i was agreeing with you mate...seen the light that the twat deserves feck all mate, that light.

bitter? where'd you get that? lol

:victory: