Over the past 3 days my young dog has gone off his normal feed (DR Johns biscuits and fresh rabbit/pheasent) he hasn't touched it , iv tried pouring gravy, fat and milk over it but he just drinks it and leaves the biscuits. he's eating other stuff like porridge, eggs and he will eat meat if it's cooked, still only in small portions

he's perfectly normal in himself and still runs round like a head case, wondered if anyone had a idea of what's going on and anything I can try

cheers :)

Could be that he's getting fussy? Lurchers are defo worse for that than other breeds (in my brief experience of lurchers). I'd knock off the treaty element of the meals and let the dog in question get hungry enough to get the food down his neck. 48 hours max should do it.

Otherwise the dog is training you to give him ever better treats.

Hope he comes round soon,

Duncan

His nose is wet and my bitch was due to break just over a week ago but didnt and isnt showing her usual signs yet (she normally goes off her food and has alot of bowel movment t say the least! :o) i didnt think of that tho cheers :)

i think il leave him on his usual diet and see what happens, suppose if hes hungry he'll eat

thanks for replies :)

• Like 1

I had a dog once that was realy greedy ate anythin and everything he went off his food just once in his life and stoped eating at all for 3 days in every other way he was just the same dog running about and doing his usual thing , i was just on the verge of taking him to the vets when as quick as he stoped eating he started eating again , never found out what was wrong and it never happened again !

• Like 1