master mc grath

ive been doin a bit of reading on this great race and the wee dog the master was truley a great dog, a full greyhound.

my question is folks is this ,are the dogs that compete today in the master mc grath cup and do well and maybe go on

to win the cup full greyhound dogs that havent been regestered or tattoed and run on as lurchers.idont mean to offend

anyone.im just curious about the whole thing.

ive been doin a bit of reading on this great race and the wee dog the master was truley a great dog, a full greyhound.

my question is folks is this ,are the dogs that compete today in the master mc grath cup and do well and maybe go on

to win the cup full greyhound dogs that havent been regestered or tattoed and run on as lurchers.idont mean to offend

anyone.im just curious about the whole thing.

your so right about that theres alot at it

You are obviously talking about the "Master Mgrath" , so called , Lurcher race; that happened last year. Absolutely NOTHING to do with coursing or the great dog ! Unregistered Greyhounds and Non-Ped Whippets, pretending to be Lurchers, running in a competition that had nothing to do with the great dog himself ! There were a few Lurchers entered, but they were bred specificaly for racing.

Cheers.

There is a very good eating house called Master Mcgraths in Scarisbrick near me. The resteraunts 'thiem' is based on the dog and all things coursing, with sporting prints and memoriabilia lining the walls, some of it not to distant too!

For those 'in the know' about such matters, there is a blue plaque memorial on the wall as you enter too... A very nice tribute. :yes:

... And thats about the only thing I can contribute to this thred... :D