house breaking

right guys, all of my previous dogs have been outside dogs, but for reasons i cant really be arsed getting into..... my pup is my first house dog.

the only thing is ........ i have never tried to house train a dog before.

he is releiving himself in the house less and less as each day passes(because i am watching him like a hawk), but he wont hold it or let me know when hes needing out.

sometimes hes peeing every 20 minutes, i am praising him and giving him treats when hes been.

i basically live in the kitchen, so getting him to the back garden is really easy. am i doing it right?? any advice would really be appreciated.

am i doing it right? am i doing it wrong?

chris

ps... he is 9 wks old

I toilet trained mine to them puppy pads, let him pee then soak it up with the pad, then place pad over the selected urinated area and he should use it again going on scent and associate the pad with the place to toilet, as he uses them gradually move the pad towards the door and eventually out the door and if anything like mine he'll let you know he wants to go to the pad, eventually do away with the pad, I suppose you could use newspaper too.

• Like 1

i Just put a a sheet or two of news paper down, when he pees put him on it, he'll soon pick the idea up. I then move paper closer to back door. Each time he goes i say the word, ''business'',. Take him out to pee as much as you can. Eventually he will go to the door or let you know one way or another that he needs to go out,,,just watch him for the signals. Hope this helps.

Guest born to run1083

Keep doing what your doing and it'll get there, most pups can't control there bladder full until 14 weeks old so keep doing what your doing and he'll get there, I train with paper first so when there ready they run to the door where the paper is but I open it instead just gives me a sign that he needs to go. But if I happen to be on the loo at least there's paper there. Eventually they get there

im about to get my first that ill keep indoors in a few months and im sh^ting it about toilet training it because i work full time! im hopeing i can take it out morning then at lunch (as i live on the farm i work on) and watch it all evening. do you lads think that will be enough??

im about to get my first that ill keep indoors in a few months and im sh^ting it about toilet training it because i work full time! im hopeing i can take it out morning then at lunch (as i live on the farm i work on) and watch it all evening. do you lads think that will be enough??

i wouldnt think so, this wee bugger pisses like 20 times a day.

although............ when hes in his crate he doesnt pee in it.