rabbit numbers in parts of the UK

THE RABBITS in the midlands are not there in numbers,, the esstates,, were the number was,, they have gone,,got the young keepers on them now,,,trigger happy,,,were the old school keeper allways kept a good stock,, has for blue hares on the hills were i go,, they have gone in numbers,, keepers again, shooting them to bits,,,because of some scienetist, saying they pass a tick onto the grouse,,, has for foxs you will not see many in the feilds near me there all in gardens eating cat meat,whats left out,,, not saying its all down to keepers, but the speyside [aviemore] down to perth was the best place ive seen rabbs in my life of rabbiting,,,again somethink,,, with a funny name and number to it,,,killed 98 percent of them,,,was this down to keepers has well,,,

Edited by robert michem
  • Like 1

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I doubt it helps when somewhere gets labeled as 'the place to go, to get massive bags' and every one and their brother is up there after them. You hammer a population from every angle and it will soon

i agree, everyone calls this place "the rabbits by me" every man round here knows there were loads, but it went shit, be lucky to see one rabbit, morning day or night lol eventually people stopped, bu

Sounds like paradise mate lol

lol best off to keep things hush hush aint it..

im not asking people to reveal there stomping grounds, im just simply asking if you as an individual have noticed any difference in your areas.

being totally honest i love the area im at, as there seems to be vast amounts that dont see many dogs other than mine, but for teaching pups, id prefer to start on bunnies then work up, which is proving difficult

i didnt mean it like that ya daft bugger! i could tell you exactly where it was, but i doubt anyone would bother having a sniff..you live miles away lol im just on about the people around my area that hunt a certain bit of land untill its f****d for everyone..and keeping it quiet from them benefits me and my mate..lol

lol best off to keep things hush hush aint it..

im not asking people to reveal there stomping grounds, im just simply asking if you as an individual have noticed any difference in your areas.

being totally honest i love the area im at, as there seems to be vast amounts that dont see many dogs other than mine, but for teaching pups, id prefer to start on bunnies then work up, which is proving difficult

i didnt mean it like that ya daft bugger! i could tell you exactly where it was, but i doubt anyone would bother having a sniff..you live miles away lol im just on about the people around my area that hunt a certain bit of land untill its f****d for everyone..and keeping it quiet from them benefits me and my mate..lol

i know what you meant rob, lol im no daft, i was just asking in "your own opinion" obv no-one wants to attract more people to there chosen ground, if its a good area lol. But what i meant in the area you go, are the numbers the same as 10 years ago to now, or do you think things have rose or dropped

Edited by djs7547

All the areas around me where there used to be alot of rabbits, now have very very few. I'd heard that there was a new viris goin around the rabbits which was wiping them out almost over night.

Dont know what its called, but there sure aint many around. Find little pockets of them but no serious numbers

Cheers

I think it's down to looking In the right places, where they were, have now gone but 10mins away round the corner theres plenty.. I'd love to be able to stick the lamp on at these caravan holiday parks :) :) = LOADS!!

Ohhhhhhh big time, the mrs got us some caravan in a park down dawlish in the summer, field on the camp for tents well it's was riddled with them!! Fooking tons of em! I was itching!!!

Scotland got hit bad by VHD (or similar), i know of an island which used to hold fairly well, and now there is not a single rabbit on it and they were not hunted or predated and it wasn't mixy.

that wud be the word i was looking for,,,you will not see any sign of dead rabbs,,the odd 1s what are left,, dont seem to have the stregh,, to bounce back,,,a lot of scotland his fuc/ed,,glenn,eagle,s blackford estates,,,, are the places to be,,, but keep your head down,,its a school of falconry...they look after the rabbs like they do pheshants,,, bin all round aberdeen area a full week looking in summer,,w///k,,, Edited by robert michem