Rent in London?

I was supposed to move to london 2 months back but said I would wait till after christmas I will be arriving over in the Plaistow area in 2 weeks and I am trying to find a small basic one bedroom flat but everyone I see seems so be very very expensive? How much should I be expecting to pay? Hopefully somebody can set me straight :thumbs:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heard Peckams nice this time of year.

rent free accomodation couldnt tempt me down to that shithole

My brother has a 2 bed house in Plaistow, it rents for £800 a month and that's long term. You'll love it, you'll feel like your on holiday .

Posted Images

did a google for it, read the first couple and it sounds like you will most likely get murdered http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=60110.0

Rent in London is obscene mate, good luck finding something affordable. I am considering getting a job in London for the salary, even if it takes a 2 hour commute I wouldn't live there though

Have you tried spareroom.com? Don't know how to put up a link, but if you're prepared to lodge out of the centre...maybe north east? You can find a room for a reasonable rent. Remember to check the nearest tube station...you can get pretty much anywhere central within 40 mins or so, by tube.