How many hunt the hill??

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

DOGS ARE NOT FOR SWAPPING,, THAT WHAT YOU DO WITH POKA MAN CARDS,,,

ADD SOME GREAT TIMES ON THE HILLS OVER THE YEARS,,,SOMETHINK ABOUT IT,,,DIFFRENT WILD LIFE GETTING UP,,FROM STONE CHAT[bIRD] TO EVEN SEEING A OTTER IN BURN,,[,STREAM OR BROOK ],,IN ENGLAND...

Just wandering how many of you work the hill in the day?? Hound crosses or any good hunting lurchers?? Only seem to find time for lamping lately due to work commitments etc, I enjoy day work mainly b

Posted Images

i do somtimes, bits of ferreting,, hunting up,, and lamping,,,, not qiute the mountains of scotland but good hils in the pennines. me and rob mitchum had just come down the scree that you can see in the distance

zoofairzumba030.jpg

digging one out just as the sun goes down,,,,,,,,,lets just do one more set,,, :wallbash: you can the angle of the hil from the wall

DSCF0428.jpg

• Like 1

Not that I need to explain myself but the dog uses his nose far to much to lamp with. It's far better to swap a dog rather than sell it to any muppet. U can't buy a good dog but u can trade a good en. In my opinion!

Excellent pictures everyone, nice to see some interested people.

OVER 25 YEAR AGO, HIT TOOK ITS TOLL OUT OF THE DOGS FEET, AT TO PUT STOCK O TAR, ON ME DOGS KNUCKLES, VERY THIN FUR ON HIS FEET,,,GOOD OLD DAYS..

whats that brindle dog mate an tts?

he was deerxgrey beddo collie x whipp collie grey, 26 '',,good dog,, and a good mate,,not loads of stam,,,but allways gave every,think,,,pre ban pic, a good 18 or more years ago,,,

post-63272-0-25980100-1327174970.jpg

• Like 1

think all us welsh lads started on the hills when we were kids,, all we got really with some low laying fields on the valley bottoms. bracken, white grass ans gorse,, rabbits aint many on the hils or is the fox , but may of us went up the ranks from rabbits to fox before the ban. the landsacpe is wild here i hunt the becons , a place where lurchers teasted to the full and 100%fitness needed by dogs and master. ive seen some good dogs on the hills ,, owned a few to and credit where its due it takes a good man and dog to carry out pest control on them.. ive seen dogs over the country hunt but not to the extent that we require them to ,, one would think the dogs out of control maybe casting a mile off in distance ,but totally safe.. as for hunting and hill hunting lurchers i really think the south and mid wales areas are the mecca,..

• Like 3

think all us welsh lads started on the hills when we were kids,, all we got really with some low laying fields on the valley bottoms. bracken, white grass ans gorse,, rabbits aint many on the hils or is the fox , but may of us went up the ranks from rabbits to fox before the ban. the landsacpe is wild here i hunt the becons , a place where lurchers teasted to the full and 100%fitness needed by dogs and master. ive seen some good dogs on the hills ,, owned a few to and credit where its due it takes a good man and dog to carry out pest control on them.. ive seen dogs over the country hunt but not to the extent that we require them to ,, one would think the dogs out of control maybe casting a mile off in distance ,but totally safe.. as for hunting and hill hunting lurchers i really think the south and mid wales areas are the mecca,..

i only live 40mins drive from the becons, what a place brecon is...i can only imagine hunting those hills lol dont think id last the day :L

OVER 25 YEAR AGO, HIT TOOK ITS TOLL OUT OF THE DOGS FEET, AT TO PUT STOCK O TAR, ON ME DOGS KNUCKLES, VERY THIN FUR ON HIS FEET,,,GOOD OLD DAYS..

whats that brindle dog mate an tts?

he was deerxgrey beddo collie x whipp collie grey, 26 '',,good dog,, and a good mate,,not loads of stam,,,but allways gave every,think,,,pre ban pic, a good 18 or more years ago,,,

nice mate, nice lookig dog

Had some good days on the hills with deerhounds too....

ec0473fb.jpg

,, THEY USED TO BE A COMP,,, DEERHOUND, V SALUKI,,, ON DAVIOT MOOR,, SPEY SIDE AREA,,,GOOD DAYS LONG GONE,,

Yip, the breeds were kept apart, the champion deerhound and the champion saluki were matched together..

Edited by Romany